cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TO SPRINT - Why Sprint has not made any Upgrades to HTC diamond available?

Highlighted
Journeyman

TO SPRINT - Why Sprint has not made any Upgrades to HTC diamond available?

As a Sprint - HTC Diamond user, I would like to know why is that Sprint does not allow the Diamond software to be Upgraded from (http://www.htc.com/www/supportdownloadlist.aspx?p_id=133&act=sd&cat=all) HTC has releasedmany upgrades to the phone but unfortunately cannot be downloaded for Sprint phones.

After readingother postson this siteI would imagine that Sprint is clearly aware of all flaws, problems, issues, errors with the HTC Diamond (battery drainage, ring delay, sudden system freeze, etc.)but I do not know why Sprint has not taken anyaction to solve this issues by releasingfirmware updates or something similar toits costumers.

To make things worst, HTCtakes note of complaints that users likemyself included reported to the company and releases ROM and other updates to improve and make the functionality of the phone better, butSprintblocked the updates. I feel thatI am being cheated on by Sprint by making me have a phone that is not up to-date with its software.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Journeyman

smotrs - I have a Touch Diamond also. How accruate is your info on the Diamond being discontinued in July?

Highlighted
Master

Most likely your not going to see anything because Sprint is scheduled to discontinue the Diamond in July.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Master

It's on the EOL(end of life)list;

Device Name Projected EOLDate Replacement

Sierra Compass 597 USB Early February Sierra 598 USB
Motorola ic602 Early February
LG 160 Mid-February Samsung M220
LG Rumor (blue) Mid-February LG 265 Rumor II (target in-stock 2/15)
Motorola i325IS Mid-February Motorola i365IS
LG Rumor (green) Mid-March LG 265 Rumor II (target in-stock 2/15)
Franklin Wireless U680 USB Early April
Palm 800W April Palm Treo Pro (target in-stock 2/15)
LG Rumor (black) Mid-April LG 265 Rumor II (target in-stock 2/15)
Motorola i615 Mid-April
Samsung M520 Lumina Mid-April LG LX-370 (slider)
RIM BlackBerry Pearl (red) May
LG LX400 Late May
Palm 755P (blue) Late May Palm Pre (target in-stock 3/15)
Sanyo 6750 Eclipse (pink) June
Palm Centro (berry) June
Motorola Q9C Mid-June
Sierra 597E July Sierra 2-in-1 Aircard
Palm Centro (green) July
Palm Centro refresh (black) July
Motorola VE20 July
HTC Touch Diamond July
RIM BlackBerry 7100i August RIM BlackBerry 8350i

Highlighted
Journeyman

Now that you mentioned I heard about the Diamond leaving Sprint in July too. Still since the phone was released to the market at the end of last year there have not been any Updates to the phone. While other phones i.e. AT&T-Apple Iphone gets firmware updates often.

Highlighted
Journeyman

- I gave you kudos - that is a great list. Any way you can hack the system and get them to put the Toshiba TG01 in the line up?

As to the original poster - the Diamond was one of the worst new phones Sprint offered in a long time - it had a great screen but is plagued by radio, battery and BT issues so I think they are trying to get this turd off their hands quickly so they don't really care about patching it.

Highlighted
Wizard

The EOL lists aren't written in stone and are subject to change.

I got word today that there is a MR in the works for the Diamond that will be released in 2Q of this year.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What about the Touch Pro? Any upgrades?

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you go to the HTC Europe orinternational website, you will see the Touch Diamond 2. (You must select a country other than US or Canada.) The GSM version always proceeds the CDMA version by about six+ months. Although the replacement for the Pro has not been released by HTC, it usually is about three months following the Touch release.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry, I missed the fact that the Touch Pro 2 is on the website, so it is in the channel also.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Finally an update on the HTC site for Sprint:

http://www.htc.com/us/SupportDownload.aspx?p_id=148&cat=2&dl_id=530

Just put up as of Friday, April 3rd.

Message Edited by JBK on 04-06-2009 11:36 AM

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat