cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch Pro Charging Issue

Highlighted
Journeyman

Touch Pro Charging Issue

I make a lot of phone calls on my Touch Pro so naturally I plug the wall charger into the phone so it doesn't die in the middle of an important call. With all of my other PPCs (700wx, Mogul & Touch) I've never had any problems talking on the phone & keepingthem plugged in sothey didn't die. However, with the Touch Pro it always ends up dying and completely shuts off while it's plugged into the wall charger which makes the phone kind of useless for long phone calls. Does anyone know if this is a hardware issue with the TouchProor if the problem could be solved by a future rom update?

I found a thread over at SprintUsers that explains exactly what I'm talking about.

http://sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=176544

Tags (4)
6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Touch Pro Charging Issue

So nobody else is having issues charging the phone while talking on it during long phone calls?

Journeyman

I think there's other people out there having the same issue, but that thread pretty much sums it up for the moment... the temperature sensor disables charging if the phone's too hot, and being on the phone for awhile will already warm the phone up. Slide the keyboard open, take the battery cover off if you're worried about it dying while you're on a call... it supposedly helps. Lame, but hopefully it'll be fixed with a ROM update someday.

Journeyman

same problem!

Journeyman

Owned 2 and never had a problem charging it. But at one year old it practically dissintigraded. Screen went south for some unknown reason. But from what I have read get the TP2 if you can afford it. Suppose to be REALLY great.

Wizard

I had the same issue, but to solve it I kept my calls short when the phone is charging or ignore the calls

Journeyman

I have the same issue and I am now on my third phone within 1 year.  I think it's unacceptable to have to 'mickey mouse' it while I am on it and have it charging.  I use it for 3 hours at a time for business at times, I guess, I could also use a head set.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat