cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchPro Issues

Journeyman

TouchPro Issues

Just got my TouchPro and am having a couple of issues. Called Sprint customer service and they suggested returning for a new phone...bummer!

Issues: 1. My "back" button on my phone does not return me to previous screen as described in the manual.

2. My battery has a very short life-span...have to keep the phone plugged in and charging all the time...bummer.

Help!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: TouchPro Issues

Not sure about the back button. I rarely use the back button for much useful on the phone... usually tapping OK or X to close stuff out.

Regarding the battery: don't keep Wi-fi on in the connection manager if you don't need it. The more stuff ("radios") you have turned on in the connection manager, the faster it'll eat the battery. For most things, you only need "Phone" and "Data Connection" turned on, unless you really use the MS Push Email. If you live in a area with poor Sprint coverage and find it flopping to 1X/Roaming instead of Ev, you may want to look for the roaming hack, there's another thread the user smotrs posted cluing me in that helped with my battery immensely. However, this may not be a wise decision if you don't have unlimited roaming on your plan.

And you may also try the battery hacks on this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41770

Journeyman

Thanks for taking the time to reply! I may of solved the "battery" issue. I have been plugging it into my old charger, which fit the Pro just fine. Well after pulling everything out of the box, I saw a very different charger, and plugged my phone into it. Well I've been loading my music files and my battery is @ 70%!

And, about the EV versus WiFi...I do not use the WiFi option, but I appreciate your input.

Thanks!

Journeyman

One thing to note, the stock HTC wall charger charges at 1.0A, charging from a USB port on a computer or similar usually charges at 500mA (0.5A, half that), so you can check that older charger to see what it puts out. It takes longer to charge, but some people claim that it provides a long-lasting, "fuller" charge. Personally, I don't think there's that much of a difference.

It IS also possible to run so many programs in the background that it drains the battery faster than it can charge, or makes it charge slower, so that's another thing to consider: closing out as many background apps as possible.

Message Edited by dole on 01-06-2009 10:35 AM

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat