cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Cellular TP2 gets 6.5! What about us????

Journeyman

US Cellular TP2 gets 6.5! What about us????

While surfing the inter webz today, I learned that USCellular already has the 6.5 upgrade for their TP2.  First of all, who the &*@$ is US Cellular (j/k) and why haven't we gotten this upgrade yet?!?  I also learned that Verizon may not even release 6.5 for their phones, because there hasn't been many requests for it.

Don't even think every TP2 owner isn't hoping for the 6.5 upgrade Sprint!  Consider this an official request from me and thousands of forum members here and elsewhere!  And hurry up with the upgrade!  I mean, you got beat by USCellular for chrissakes!!

13 REPLIES 13
Journeyman

Re: US Cellular TP2 gets 6.5! What about us????

Yeah, WTF.  WE WANT 6.5 TOO!!!!!!!!!!! You would think Sprint would be on it already and give us the latest software

Wizard

I agree with you. Why do we have to wait to get an upgrade in a year when most of devices are getting the upgrade now?

BTW you can get the TP2 for free from T-Mo, ATT

http://www.wmdeals.com/

http://www.wmexperts.com/att-touch-pro-2-and-extras-penny

and US Cellular (Friday 11/27 to Monday 11/30) as long as you get 2 years contract with a data plan....

So where are the deals with Sprint?????

Journeyman

i too am wondering when 6.5 will be released, sure i can get it cooked but i want the real deal, also i am curious to know if sprint will have any black friday deals as well

Journeyman

Over at ppcgeeks.com they have packaged up the OEM US Cellular 6.5 ROM and released it both stock and tweaked, so I guess that's gonna have to do for now, if your comfortable unlocking your phone...

Journeyman

I would like 6.5 without having to resort to upgrading to someone's cooked ROM.  The HTC HD2 has 6.5 and their talking about Windows Mobile 7 for it early next year.  Quite interesting I do say so myself.  I have the TP2 but really wanted the HD2 (aka Leo) from the get go.  I prefer SPB Mobile Shell over Touchflo 3D just the same.

I do agree with everyone that's posted here.  Besides, the TP2 uses the Broadcom chipset that has the FM Radio in it and yet it't not functional on the Sprint branded HTC TP2.  Sprint doesn't get it.  Their Music store is lame and to find anything new and hot is convoluted at best.  At least with RDS on the FM Radio I can hear a song I like and order it on the Sprint Music store if I desired.  This way 1.  You're not using Sprint's bandwidth when listening to the FM Radio.  2.  You're listening to the music you want to hear.  3.  You can use the Sprint Music Store when you do hear something you like.  Duh!  That should be in their commercials....easy as one, two, three.

Additionally, when you found your selected song, have the video (if any) available for purchase at that point in sale.

I still love the TP2 but still want the HD2.  Wonder who's getting that in the states.

Journeyman

@HTCFan regarding radio:

Man you said it bro.  Not to downplay your idea but that is sooo obvious.  I can't Sprint didn't implent it.  Right now I NEVER use Sprint Music, as a rule, but if I were enjoying a song on the radio and was 1 click away from owning it, well that would change.  I just don't think that companies like Sprint and M$ will ever get that kind of thinking.  From all the forums that I follow, I come across great ideas like this.  I don't think they follow these forums at all, if they did they would probably be miles ahead of Apple and AT&T.

(posted from my TP2!)

Master

If past experience is any indication, you still have a bit of a wait. I say this because the TP didn't get an update until approximately 6-8 months after everyone else had already put out updates for their versions of the TP. We received an updated ROM at the end of Sept. 2009 whereas others had received them at the beginning of the year.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

heck u guys way behind I have 6.5.3 and Android 2.1 on my phone

Journeyman

Sure Android is cute to look at but there's no real usability when it's ported onto our phones.  And 6.5.3? I'd like to slide the phone open every now and then, thanks.  Do you use your phone as a phone or just a toy?  Sure I've got 6.5.1 from mightymike and it runs great, it just would have been cool to get it officially from Sprint, being that it's a billion dollar coorporation with all the resources in the world, and mightymike is some guy who does this in his spare time...

Journeyman

Hey everyone in this thread! Go post your concerns over here:

(edited to correct thread URL)

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/151665#151665

We're trying to hit critical mass with a smoking hot thread to get Sprint's attention!

Message was edited by: madscientist

Message was edited by: madscientist

Journeyman

Agree with. Let them hear your concern.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat