Did you mean: 

Verizon letting people use unlimited skype on their smart phones

7 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Verizon letting people use unlimited skype on their smart phones

Try Google Voice for international calls, I use it all the time on my HTC Pro2

Journeyman

Skype is changing a lot of things. As I understand, if you installed Skype on your phone earlier, it will still work. You just cannot download Skype mobile anymore except on Verizon BB's and Androids. It is no longer offered for any WinMo phones at all. No word on Win 7.

I had it on some WinMo 6.1 phone and it was ok.

Skype is very useful for international calls. If you have it on your phone and can get wifi when out of the US you can call normal phones for about 2.1 cents/minute. Compare that to any carrier's international roaming.

Journeyman

What sprint phone can the skype be used on. Do you think it will be able to work on the HTC EVO 4G?

Journeyman

rufa wrote:

I'm already using skype with Sprint, what the new thing they did? So now you can automatically start Skype for all of your phone calls? meaning enable that?

I agree this is already the case with using 3G on Sprint using Skype's version released last summer. Unlike the iPhone version, the Windows Mobile version supports 3G calling. Unless Sprint is disabling the program via filtering IP address access. I haven't tried it lately.

Journeyman

Sprint has some of the best wireless plans out of the top 4 major cell carriers. i will never give my business to verizon seeing how they are the most expensice, especially over something like skype. no thx, ill keep my any mobile anytime, anyday.

Journeyman

I'm already using skype with Sprint, what the new thing they did? So now you can automatically start Skype for all of your phone calls? meaning enable that?

Journeyman

But is Skype really so commonly used that this is a benefit?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Verizon letting people use unlimited skype on their smart phones

I hope sprint follows suit -

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/16/verizon-to-allow-unlimited-skype-calling-over-3g-starting-next-m/

Initially, Skype mobile will be available on millions of best-selling Verizon Wireless 3G smartphones with data plans, including:
  • BlackBerry Storm 9530
  • BlackBerry Storm2
  • BlackBerry Curve 8330
  • BlackBerry Curve 8530
  • BlackBerry Curve 8830 World Edition
  • BlackBerry Tour 9630
  • Motorola Droid
  • HTC Droid Eris
  • Motorola Devour

I guess I wouldn't need nearly as many minutes as most of my key clients and contractors use skype.