cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WE NEED MORE WINDOWS PHONES

Highlighted
Journeyman

sprint should work with nokia, htc , samsung etc to bring more windows phone 7 new devices. Why sprint only got an ugly phone"Htc arrive?" wow...  There peaople who do bussines and windows OS is very useful. And stop making the iphone the only good phone on sprint. out there are more great divices. Why only bring low range ugly phones?

64 REPLIES 64
Wizard

JuanGeek,

Thanks for the feedback. I agree, I hope to see in the future some more Windows Phone devices. I am an HTC Arrive user and I must say, this device has exceeded my expectation. Are you using the Arrive?

Regards,

William

Journeyman

Agree with ya. We actually have quite a few discussions going on in another forum about how much we'd like to see more Windows Phones on Sprint. Truly is a nice slick OS and, from what I can tell, not a horrible update testing nightmare for carriers. MS did things well this time with the Mango update and got it out globally, with carriers on board, practically at the same time

Journeyman

I agree when I see more Black Berry's being released that tells me there is room for more Windows Phones on Sprint and with Nokia on board that increases the chances. Although it might be mid 2012 before we see more due to Nokia hasn't made a CDMA phone in some time. I really don't want MS and Sprint to miss the boat and lose the chance to attrack new customers.

Journeyman

I have the HTC Arrive and think it's an excellent, reliable phone (probably the most solid phone I've ever owned). That said: it has a 3.6" screen and slide-out keyboard. I need something with a larger screen, and preferably virtual keyboard only. With my eyes, I find the Arrive's screen too small to take advantage of the People hub and other features where I can't zoom the font.

So... while the Arrive is an absolutely solid phone, it does not fill the product line gap for people like me looking for larger screens and thinner phones sans keyboard. Verizon, at least, provides a 3.8" screen (not much bigger, but bigger nevertheless) and a keyboardless form factor.

Adding to the frustration is the continued rollout of phones on other networks (such as the Samsung Focus S and HTC Titan on AT&T).

Journeyman

I agree.  I've been with Sprint for 15 years or more.  I patiently waited for a WP7 device.  While I've enjoyed my Arrive I'm not a big fan of slide-out keyboards.  Furthermore, I prefer a larger screen.  The HTC Titan would be right up my alley.

It seems AT&T has been and will continue getting all the good WP7 devices (The HTC Titan,  The Samsung Focus S, etc.).  It appears they will also be offering Nokia's new devices.  If this trend continues I may switch from Sprint so I will have choices.  One WP7 device to date and no signs of a new one any time soon isn't good news.

Journeyman

Whoever is in charge of selecting phones at sprint need to change his/her strategies. For some reasons sprint bets on one thing or two. They were betting on Android for a while and they didn't care about anything, and now they are dumping piles of cash for the iphone. I can sure say that there scheme does not provide wide selections to the customer base. It seems that they spend time listening to the media trends on what is hot and make judgement accordingly. So after betting all that money on iphone what are they going to do if the the the iphone fever fades away?

At&t have a very good strategy and verizon is learning from them, you can see there phone selections have changed to reflect at&t. But sprint is just stuck without any clue on how to provide a better selection to the different category of users.  And unlimited data has nothing to do with this (Yes, I'm talking to you Sprint).

Journeyman

Actually I am a sprint customer for like 7 years  stuck with a basic messaging phone. I really want a smartphone now but, honestly i don't like the iphone ( even though the device is great). I prefer WIndows Phone 7 OS. The only avaliable windows phone device on sprint is the HTC Arrive, of  which i am not a big fan of slide keyboards.. and i dont like the htc arrive style. I know it a great phone but I've been waiting for sprint to bring more windows phoones, like the samsung focus or HTC Radar or something more thin and sleek with a front facing camera.

I prefer windows OS because of the features it has, like skydrive , office , facebook and oher features like Bing (visual search, local scout, etc), etc  that are deep integrated.

Journeyman

I doubt the iPhone fever will ever go away  Nevertheless, while betting alot on the iPhone hopefully will help the bottom line, I'm in agreement with your overall message because it's just stupid to place your bet one thing.

Journeyman

I am pretty happy with the Arrive, but I definately want a 4+ inch screen phone with no hardware keyboard.

And that they fix the damn compass which doesn't work. HTC!

Journeyman

Please Sprint, can we get some higher end WP device(s)?  I was glad I switched from the Evo to the Arrive  then I went to the SGS2.  Pretty dang impressive phone but I no where near as user friendly as my Arrive was.  Thought I wouldn't miss XBox Live or Zune, but heck yeah I am.

Journeyman

Lumia 900 is gonna steal everyone from Sprint. Sprint will probably wait 3 years and then get in on the backend of it like they did with the IPhone. Ain't any innovators at the top of Sprint's totem pole.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat