cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WE NEED MORE WINDOWS PHONES

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: WE NEED MORE WINDOWS PHONES

Sprint's effort with the windows phones is very disappointing.  If they do not have a windows phone when the first apollo phones come out, I am moving to a different carrier.  I may not wait that long if the AT&T Nokia Lumia 900 turns out to be a great phone.  TMobile is having good success with their Nokia Lumia.  Sprint chooses to be a follower and not a market leader.  I have been with Sprint for over 12 years and I will leave in the next six months or sooner.

Journeyman

Today is a point in my personal history that I will remember. After 10 years with Sprint I just preordered the Nokia Lumia 900 from AT&T. The experience was amazing. So long sprint

Journeyman

Oldmajor, I probably won't be far behind you.  Please report back to how your experience is after you've gotten the phone.

Wizard

Signed. Thanks a lot.

Journeyman

More window phones.  I'd like to stay but I don't want an iphone(nor do I care how many you promised to sell).  Going to take my 5 lines to another carrier if Sprint can't get it's act together.

Journeyman

Wow! If you all like the Arrive you will love the Lumia 900. The design is amazing and it feels good in your hand. Its much bigger than the Arrive, but feels a little lighter to me. Havent got a a chance to play around with the Nokia apps but the experience seems smoother. Honestly when I use the HTC Trophy I bought for my mother, it seemed a little smoother than my Arrive (could just be me). If you love Windows Phone OS, this is a solid 2nd generation phone. This may be my last post since I will be transferring this account over as well. I hope Sprint gets their act together, but with all the debt from the Apple deal and having to abandon Wimax and build up LTE, things didnt look good for Windows Phone...

Journeyman

I'm glad to here it's a good 2nd Gen device.  I look forward to checking one out this weekend.  Thanks for the update!

Journeyman

Oldmajor, I thought for a minute you were saying Sprint was offering the Lumia 900.  There is no way I'd go to AT&T... no way on earth.  That doesn't guarantee Sprint my business, however.  I want a Windows phone, but it won't be from AT&T.

Journeyman

Hey guys, looks like they are definitely rolling out a new Windows phone.  Proof!!

http://www.bgr.com/2012/04/05/unannounced-lg-windows-phone-for-sprint-revealed-by-fcc/

Any idea what phone this could be?

Journeyman

I just read another article that speculates it could be the LG LS831.

Edit:  I also read it is probably an entry level phone, but what the writer based that speculation on seems suspect to me.  Guess it's too early to tell.

Journeyman

I'd like to get my hands on that Lumia 900.  I joined Sprint for the Pre, but that was a fiasco, so now I'm using the Photon.  I have to say, I don't love android at all!  If I could get a phone to sync to Outlook the way my Photon syncs to GMail, I'd do it in a heartbeat.  I'm sick of Android, Plaxo, Companionlink, and all the other band-aid-ware out there.  Want a phone for a man - not a facebook-denizen teenager.

Wizard

Some of the Lumia 900 reviews were less than flattering, so I don't mind waiting another few months. My EVO 4G is up for replacement, and I'm ready to give a Windows Phone a go. I'm convinced Sprint will announce a few WP devices around mid-year, and I'm hopeful they will also be LTE. The Outlook sync is a big feature I look forward to, but in the mean time I've been using the Touchdown app for my Android. It's the best email app I've found when it comes to Exchange sync. http://www.nitrodesk.com/dk_touchdownFeatures.aspx

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat