cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WP 8. Are you listening and if so, do you care?

Journeyman

WP 8. Are you listening and if so, do you care?

Sprint,

What's the deal?  You're literally the only carrier that doesn't carry a WP8 device.    Your users have been askiing forever for a new WP device.  I can tolerate the fact that you don't have LTE where I live, but the fact that my EVO 4G is on it's last leg and my contract being up in < 2 weeks has me teetering on jumping ship.  I know you stated that "summer" was when you would have WP8 devices, but that's another 3 months from now and these devices have been out for over 4 months already.  Not only that, but you're not even going to get a flagship Nokia phone.  Your doing the same thing you did with the Arrive... anothe mid-range phone that won't go head to head with the iPhone and GS3/4.  Even Verizon is going to get a 920 variant (named the Lumia 928). 

If you don't have a phone announced that is on par with this phone by April 1st, I am switching my family to Verizon to get the top notch device your customers have deserved for months.  However, if you do announce a phone that is on-par with the 920/928 Nokia devices and it comes out in 2 months or less, I'll stay. 

Tags (1)
17 REPLIES 17
Journeyman

Re: WP 8. Are you listening and if so, do you care?

It does seem like Sprint does not care about WP users or people looking for a WP.

And now, Microsoft announced that they will stop support for WP8 on 07/08/2014....so does that mean before my contract is up when I do get a Sprint WP8 phone I will have to wait and wait for information on WP9 updates or phones all over again.

Frustrating

Journeyman

So you still with Sprint?

Journeyman

Sprint!  Get Windows Phone 8 Devices or you're going to loose a an(other) customer.  Nuf said.

Journeyman

You hit the nail on the head in terms of the Arrive.  How can you expect a warm response and solid sales on a device that everyone panned?  You were late to the game then, with a lousy model.  What did you expect to happen?  Now it seems like Sprint is lining up for a repeat.  Late to the game again with what appears to be 2 low to mid level devices.  Wow, way to go Sprint.  If anyone at Sprint actually reads these, hear this.  I'm aware that us Windows Phone lovers are in a large minority.  I'm aware that you had bad luck the last go round with Windows Phone as mentioned previously.  However if you get into the Windows Phone game again with another lousy handset your setting yourself up for failure.  But, hey I know you spent a truck load of money and effort on getting the precious iPhone in your lineup.  By the way, how's that working out for you?  You guys haven't made a dime on it yet. We have been patiently waiting for a Windows Phone 8 device.  Please don't disappoint us.  If I wake up one day and see that you have surprised us all by offering the HTC 8X or Nokia 928 to you lineup you will make a lot of customers happy!

Journeyman

My contract ends May 16th.  After that...who knows, but it's going to be Windows Phone 8 for me.

Journeyman

My wife's contract and mine both expired already. We both have HTC Arrive WP7 devices. I am getting sick of waiting for Sprint to release a WP8 Device. The new HTC Tiara is mid range, and I don't want that. The Samsung Ativ "looks" nice, but will it have the support that Nokia has been giving their phones? Probably not.

I would like a Nokia 920 Variant, with worldphone capabilities like the old Touch Pro 2.

Journeyman

you'll never see a Nokia phone period on sprint. They use older Chinese CDMA decryption code. Sprint will not allow a Nokia phone until they update it to their CDMA standards.

Samsung Ativ S, is on par with Nokia 920. Only real difference is that Ativ has support for SD cards, while Nokia 920 does not.

Journeyman

Marginalizing Windows Phone is a very short sighted strategy on Sprints part. People on family/shared plans will gravitate to providers that offer choice. Here's how this works in my house:

We currently have:

2 iPhones (4S)

2 Android

1 Windows Phone (Arrive)

I want a Nokia 920/928. My wife and two sons want iPhones, and my daughter is undecided but will probably go for an iPhone too. However, since Sprint is not getting Nokia, that's a deal breaker for us and Sprint will be losing 5 lines of service plus 3 (or possibly 4) iPhones when our lines all come out of contract later this summer.

If Sprint wants to play with the big boys, they have to offer an equivalent selection of phones. Nokia has 80% of the still small but growing Windows Phone market. Nokia = Windows Phone. By not having Nokia in the lineup, Sprint is not offering the same choices as the competition and seems to be forcing customers into what they want to sell instead of letting the market decide. This same comment has been posted many, many times on these boards.

Sprint is spending billions upgrading their network. Why would they risk losing customers by not offering a complete lineup of handsets?.      

Journeyman

Once again, Nokia is not an option. They use older Decryption for CDMA phone. Until they decide to use a better code, Sprint will not have them on the network. If you think about it, you want the latest CDMA decryption. Nokia just isn't offering it; however, HTC and Samsung are the ones that have CDMA decryption Sprint uses.

I do agree Nokia is a good solid WP device and is the WP flagship device, but let's hope Nokia wakes up and upgrades it code.

Journeyman

Why is this not a problem for Verizon? Can you provide your source for this?

Journeyman

you realize Verizon "CDMA" now are using SIM cards...right?

Basicly short story, by 2014 Verizon wont be CDMA anymore.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat