cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WP 8. Are you listening and if so, do you care?

Journeyman

Re: WP 8. Are you listening and if so, do you care?

Verizon does not use SIM cards for CDMA. They are used for their 4G network. They are also used to roam on GSM networks. See here; 4G SIM Card FAQs | Verizon Wireless

CDMA has never required a SIM card.

What is your source for stating that Nokia uses older CDMA decryption which was rejected by Sprint?

Journeyman

Journeyman

Sorry, that article is 7 years old and is about a licensing fee dispute between Nokia and Qualcomm. It has nothing to do with CDMA decryption methods. So it seems your statement about Sprint not using Nokia because of a substandard decryption method is baseless.

Journeyman

With today's CDMA announcement (AKA Verizon), Sprint you have 6 days to announce something other than "this summer". Please just at least officially announce your announcement date.

Journeyman

Perhaps that's why Sprint won't carry WP8 if Microsoft has already announced it will no longer support WP8. By stating that, it seems Microsoft is abandoning the the phone and OS. Even their flagship Windows OS's has a longer support timeframe. However, if Microsoft updates the WP8 via OTAs, than that's different. I would like to have  WP* phone also and prefer to try out the Nokia models.

I think Sprint buried itself when they gave Apple that 20 billion dollar deal. I think that was the stupidest thing they ever did, second only to their WiMax fiasco. I think the real winner is T-Mobile. They stuck to their guns and they got Apple and I don't see them paying them 20b's. Also, I think Sprint is buried in deep with Samsung. I've had Samsung phones and they are great but wow, they don't hold up well compared to Motorola phones. I've been with Sprint I think going on 17 perhaps 18 years and dare I say, I want to leave them for something better.

Sadly, I'll never go to AT&T and I don't like Verizon. That leaves T-Mobile or that upstart Ting I keep hearing about. My family plan is scattered in terms of contracts but I have two that will end in June and July. I might jump ship and see if the grass is indeed greener on the other side. Sprint is beginning to look/act like Netflix. It seems neither CEOs really care about their customers anymore.

Journeyman

Sprint you are F@*%&ing garbage as far as devices are concerned. I have been with you for 15 yrs and now & this is how you treat customers now. Sad sad.

I have 4 devices 2 of which are off contract & am gonna roll out just because you refused to carry top level phones from other manufactures.

Trust I have an Iphone, 2 androids & a WP

I can find Iphones & droids anywhere. But just because you wont carry WP for the past 2 yrs I will be out.

Big boy corp acting like a selfish 5 year old hahahaha.

I have done the home work & will go to Verizon and to carry 4 devices will be the same as being here. & thats having 10 gigs of data.

My whole family uses 3 - 4 gigs of data a mth and there is no roaming fees.

You have till Mid June to give an update or its good night

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat