Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WP7 with Global Roaming?

Highlighted
Journeyman

WP7 with Global Roaming?

Sprint,

When are you going to understand that you have business users who absolutely require global roaming?  When are we going to get a global roaming Windows Phone?  Well for me it is too late, I am leaving for AT&T.  I am extremely upset that the direction Sprint is going in is 100% Android.  Here are my very simple requirements for a phone:

Windows Phone 7

Global Roaming

The sad thing is, I know that will never happen on Sprint because they are in some weird relationship with Google.  And secondly, Sprint does not care about business users for one second.

Tags (4)
3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Re: WP7 with Global Roaming?

Duseater,

I'm very sorry that we aren't offering a device of your liking right now. Please don't have the impression that we don't care about you or our other business users. We very much do care. What are some features of Windows Phone 7 that you need that Android or BlackBerry cannot satisfy?

We do have the Motorola XPRT (Android), BlackBerry Bold, and the HTC Touch Pro 2 (Windows 6.5). These three devices are World Wide Roaming enabled. Please let me know whatever questions you may have.

--William

Journeyman

I view the choice of OS based on the cloud services behind it.  For instance, if you are a Gmail user, Android might be the best choice for you.  But for me and quite a few other people, Hotmail and SkyDrive are huge features that aren't quite there on Android or iOS.  Combine that with XBox Live and the asthetics of the OS, it is a real winner.  It seems to me the more diversity Sprint has the better.  Why you are going all in with Android makes no sense.  Let's look at the competition for a moment.  Of course AT&T and T-Mobile have Windows Phones that are GSM since they are GSM carriers.  But even Verizon Wireless, who only has one Windows Phone, at least it has GSM frequencies.  I don't think there is any excuse in this day and age to have CDMA only devices.  The world is getting smaller and global travel is more and more common.  To limit your customers to stay within US borders is not a winning business model.

Since there is a new Fall wave of Windows Phones coming with the Mango update, I will wait until then to cancel my subscription with Sprint, in hope that you will come around and get something with CDMA and quad-band GSM.  I am begging you, please don't go 100% Android / CDMA only.

Wizard

Duseater,

I appreciate your enthusiasm in regards to this. I myself use the HTC Arrive which I love. I enjoy the aesthetics of Windows Phone 7 and the overall quality of the product however Windows Phone 7 is still a very young OS. We are always looking to enrich our device portfolio. Unfortunately, I can't say if a global Windows Phone 7 device is in the pipeline as of yet, but it's not outside of the realm of possibility.

From my experience as the OS becomes more mature, we will see more devices available. All we can do is wait and see. I will pass your feedback along. Make sure to frequent our Coming Soon and Newsroom for updates and announcements on new devices.

--William

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat