cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WP8

Journeyman

WP8

OK since the preview for WP8 happened yesterday I am hoping Sprint jumps on board and gets a few new Windows devices. They now support dual core, higher res screens, NFC, have mroe enterprise support among other things. I don't think there is a good excuse for Sprint not to get involved unless its the CDMA vs.GSM one and I think that is weak myself. Not saying Windows phone is the best but its always good to have options and if Sprint wants to retain customers the more choices they can offer the better. I just hope Sprint takes this seriously and invests in this platform.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: WP8

Considering the other big 3 have already pledged support for WP8 and.....sprint is of course absent again, I wouldn't hold my breath. I would imagine they will come out with a WP8 when it's close to the 2 years renewal for anyone who bought the arrive. Not because they want to of course, but because they know they will lose those customers to the compitition who are supporting windows phone. If I sound bitter it's because I am. Everything Sprint has said and done has spelled out that they don't like windows phone and want to support it as little as possible. Me i've been with sprint/nextel for 12 to 15 years and I'm chomping at the bit to get away from them even if it means I have to spend a little more to get what I want. The only way I'm even going to consider staying is if the new windows phone totally blows me away compared to the compitition, if that happens I'll reluctantly stay.

Journeyman

I agree with both of you. It's a real shame that Sprint isn't taking Windows Phone seriously. They said that they aren't happy with how the Arrive wasn't selling.. they wanted Microsoft to make the platform more enticing.

Hey, Sprint... I see Microsoft updating and extending the featureset of their OS. What are YOU doing? You've never advertised the Arrive in any way. On your site, the phone is listed near the bottom with old Blackberry devices and feature phones. Microsoft is clearly doing their part, how about you pick up your own slack a bit? I've been with Sprint for only about 5 years now, and every phone I've owned with Sprint (except for one, the EVO 4G) has been a Windows device. From the HTC Touch, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro2, to now the Arrive, I've been a faithful Windows Phone user for a long time (and a few of those were bought at full retail since I was on contract). After Windows Mobile 6.5 was killed, Sprint's support for Microsoft phones have gone down the toilet.. I know, because I've been there to see it. I'd hate to leave when my contract runs up in October, but if nothing changes regarding Sprint's support I'll have to go elsewhere (most likely AT&T).

Sprint really needs to get its act together concerning Windows Phone. Success is only what you make and Microsoft is trying, but it needs support from it's carrier partners. AT&T, T-Mobile and even VERIZON have pledged support for Windows Phone 8. Where are you, Sprint? Remember, life is a two-way street... and you are the one that's not doing your part.

Journeyman

Sprint is FAIL in every way regarding phone selection!  I've had two lines with them since 2001, and have two Touch Pros and I am waiting for a Nokia WP8 to happen. But I will only wait until Sprint's competition (once again) beats them to the punch on these new Nokias -- which gives them about three months tops -- or I'm gone!  They peed themselves to get the crApple phone -- about three years too late, and sold their souls to the devil for an aging platform (iOS).  As to Android -- does Sprint seriously need any more of those?   Droid is the absolute worst phone OS!  Here is their chance to get on early with a platform that will have major market share in the coming years. It is obvious that MS is intent upon recapturing the mobile market, and they have the wherewithal to do so.

Once again -- Sprint is seriously lagging behind their competitors! It is that backward "logic," and their perpetual three-years-behind-the-times thinking on new products that will probably wind up in their losing me as a long-time loyal customer!  I swore that I would never switch to AT&T. I am now willing to reconsider that pledge because I am sick of the dearth of phone choice at Sprint! Get with WP8 Sprint!  And quick!

Journeyman

Same boat here.  I *despise* AT&T for multiple reasons, but I may find myself forced to go there.

As a Windows developer, I have to have a Windows phone.  I want WP8, and I want it on a new, fast, top-notch device.

Journeyman

well i like my arrive.. i have never slid out the keyboard and the speaker is blown.. i also near STL cant get 3g speeds faster than 300kbps not what they should be.. i cant wait for WP8 to come out. AT&T i hate but i am forced.. i got the arrive used and have waited.. but guess what sprint wont do anything.. they are more useless today than any other company i know.. LTE roll out in 3/5 markets in Texas.. umm why dont they go where the population density is greater??? like NY or LA or STL.. does anyone think ever..

Journeyman

What is Sprints excuse for not having more Windows phones any way? Does any one know?

Journeyman

I may not be a developer however, Apple does not exist in my industry. I bought the Arrive the same week it came out! A seemless transition between work, home, Xbox, and media at this point is essential to me! Microsoft is dropping Zune and beefing up there WMC and Xbox platform, which is good news if you ask me! I'm proud to say that I've been a pc guy since the early 90's. I've been a Sprint client for over 8 years and one of these long term relationships may require a cooling off period if the other can't keep up!~

I'm sure you can guess which one!

Master

Sprint has one windows device  if you check Verizon they have one windows device  both are made by HTC and both are basiclly the same device with some changes.  What do Sprint and Verizon have in common they are both CDMA carriers.  What to the other devices for windows have in common they are GSM. 

Journeyman

HTC just finished announcing their slick new WP8 phones with beats audio, multiple colors, lots of features.  They listed the carriers as ATT, Verizon, and T-Mobile.  Once again Sprint passes.  Seriously, Sprint is falling behind in more ways than one.  Been a loyal customer for 12yrs, but I will be upgrading my Arrive before the end of the year, with or w/o Sprint.

Journeyman

Based on all available info, I'll also have to leave Sprint, after > 10 years and multiple lines, to go to Verison for WP8, if they don't change their decision by 12/2012.

Journeyman

I too, after 10+ years, will be looking into verizon.  My contract with sprint is up in 4 days.  Will wait till the end of October to see what happens with WP8 and sprint.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat