cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well Windows Phone 7 series is out of the bag, maybe Sprint will release 6.5 now??

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well Windows Phone 7 series is out of the bag, maybe Sprint will release 6.5 now??

Windows phone 7 looks great.  Fantastic.  Can't wait for this holiday season so I can go blow a wad on a new phone.  Meanwhile I'm on WinMo 6.1 all hacked up (thanks to ppcgeeks.com) to something resembling 6.5, and I'm asking myself, "if I have to wait for winmo 7 to be announced before I can get my TP2 upgraded to 6.5, will I have to wait for winmo 8 to be released before Sprint carries a series 7 phone??"

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: Well Windows Phone 7 series is out of the bag, maybe Sprint will release 6.5 now??

I feel the same way. But I won't be buying any phone that has windows phone 7 on it. I am used to the interface i have now, which is 6.1. I love being able to customize the phone to my liking and you cannot do that with winpho7. and for that reason I am defecting to Android. I understand that it's suppposed to be innovative, but there being innovative and then there is completely changing everything and not letting it be customizable.

Journeyman

Re: Well Windows Phone 7 series is out of the bag, maybe Sprint will release 6.5 now??

Whatever I'm over colourful taskbars and new clocks and backgrounds and the incompatibilities that come with all these silly little tweaks.  To me Android represents these menial little tweaks that I'm getting a lil too old for. I'm ready for a windows platform that works as if I tweaked it but is as fluid as an iphone.  A pocket PC with office, tethering, multi-tasking, useful programs, all put together with intuitiveness and flair.  That is what WinPhone7 will be.  The only thing is by the time Sprint gets a win7 phone there will most likely be a million other quality choices.

Journeyman

Sprint is way behind any carrier with their phone selection add on their slowness with updates if they even ever come to be officially released! Until they do the 6.5 release windows 7 will be already out and adopted by others.

Journeyman

I'm wondering if 6.5 will ever hit the Snap considering Dash 3G(T-mo) and Ozone (Verizon) already got theirs and here we are on the "Now Network" waiting for Sprint to "Snap" their fingers later on this update release. Seems like they plan to let this handset fade in to retirement early just hit market in June of 09. Sprint made a video appearance on the announcement trailer for the 7 series phone, which is claiming a 2010 holiday release...if Sprint hasn't put the Snap update on the back burner, the heat must be on low.

Journeyman

Sprint:  Any word on if you'll be one of the first carriers to get the Windows Phone 7?

I love Sprint, but I love the Windows Phone 7 more.

Journeyman

Okay so I let my HTC Snap become a desk ornament and picked up an HTC Hero but, now it doesn't seem to be a handset that will be kept current either. I guess one has to get a Windows 7 series (when ever Sprint puts one on the market after the other carriers) or the HTC EVO (after the competition puts out a snazzier product) if we hope to be kinda close but, just behind the latest thing in wireless communications.

Call it what you like but, I'm all over the web trying to find where when it comes to handsets and handset support, Sprint at the head of the class and everyone else chasing to catch up. I truly enjoy and often brag about the "Any mobile Anytime" (calling circle can't compete with that), the "Simply Everything plan" (none of that 29.99 fee for Smartphone or iPhone stuff here) and Night n Weekends starting at 7pm (which only matters if I'm calling a land line). The calling plans Sprint truly has nailed it but, it would seem as a result the handset support piece just nails the customer.

Let Microsoft and Google handle OS compatibility/upgrades with the handset OEMs while, Sprint does the wireless service provider piece seriously. When the software/firmware has been found to be fully functional on the handset, why keep poking around with it for branding, crippling and next item marketing? When it was just boring camera phones, the run of the mill smartphones and a few blackberries wireless life was all good...have the handset become to advanced for Sprint?

Journeyman

Huh?  At least in the Android OS arena, SPRINT currently has two of the top phones available, the EVO 4G and Samsumg Epic 4G.  The EVO may be the best Android phone in the marketplace. But, I too am concerned that SPRINT won't be offering a Win Phone 7 with a 4.3" screen like the EVO -- neither of the two models currently anticipated fit the bill. Android 2.2 came pretty quickly to the EVO, too.

Journeyman

WinMo 6.5 was really just a poorly implemented "get me over" patch until WP7 came out. Unfortunately, since the KIN launch with VZW was botched...it kind of affects sprint too, since both are CDMA carriers.

Would be nice if Sprint would release a 6.5 ROM for WinMo folks until they can release the WP7 devices.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat