cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well looks like MS decided for us

Journeyman

Re: Well looks like MS decided for us

Well the smoking gun has been found! MS has confirmed they made the decision to go exclusive with the phones. From what I'm reading they are pissed about the way certain carriers have handled past Windows phones so for now, they are giving AT&T all the love. This should serve as a notice for the others when customers ask for something specific and you have it don't try to push iJunk & craproid on them! At somepoint I'm sure MS will offer CDMA versions but not right now.

Journeyman

From thurrott.com:

"But I was also told that part of this strategy would involve rethinking its carrier relationships. Those carriers that were friendly to Windows Phone—like AT&T in the United States, I was explicitly told—would continue to be offered the chance to sell Windows phones going forward. Those that were not—Verizon, again, explicitly—would not. (I didn’t discuss T-Mobile or Sprint with Microsoft, but their fates are pretty clear: T-Mobile is on the friendly side, if not as friendly as AT&T, and Sprint is effectively dead.)"

Essentially, Sprint's complete lack of WP devices in the past, has brand them personna non grata with MS.  That's not to say that HTC or LG couldn't bring something to WM10, but the 950/XL will not work with VZ & Sprint by design.

The Curse of the Maybe Now network strikes again.

Journeyman

DialM,

Well then, it appears AT&T is where I am heading.

Can't wait to have a flagship device running W10!

Come to think of it, I've never owned a flagship device running W anything, as I've been with Sprint since WinMo 5. I am only assuming it will be awesome.

Journeyman

Wait a minute homes... Sprint did offer 3 WP devices, they may not have been the ones most wanted but they did offer and upgrade them. So I'd say we cannot conclude it's a done deal yet.

Journeyman

Well since the phones aren't coming out for another month or so I'd say hang on. Why? Well think about it since MS made the announcement most of the talk has focused on AT&T, TMO and Verizon; the maybe someday network hasn't been mention much at all. You also have to consider Sprint said they would not offer WP8 and then they did. Also, MS and Sprint have supposedly buried the hatchet so we may yet see them.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat