cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What NO Windows OS for Smartphones?

Journeyman

What NO Windows OS for Smartphones?

Fricken sprint when you will add windows 10 mobile. We all don't want buggy Androids and boring iphones. We want more modern smartphones and that's wincows 10 mobile.

46 REPLIES 46
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: What NO Windows OS for Smartphones?

Ask Microsoft that question, they purposely didn't make any CDMA phones.

Master

Yep, this wasn't a Sprint or any other carrier thing from what I've been reading. It's all on Microsoft.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

Yep, this wasn't a Sprint or any other carrier thing from what I've been reading. It's all on Microsoft.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

is he asking about a device or the OS update?

either way both questions get pushed to Microsoft..not Sprint.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yeah right. Sprint seems to love advertising iPhone and android. Sprint use to have Lumina and Samsung Ativ S Neo HTC. I don't think it's microsoft. Look at Tmobile going to have Windows 10 Mobile phone on there carrier? Sprint can also put back a Samsung Windows 10 Mobile or HTC once it comes.

Journeyman

They only didn't have it available for there Lumia phones. But other mobile brand like Samsung , HTC, Heweii have windows 10 mobile and that can come to sprint

Journeyman

I am saying Windows 10 Mobile OS... Which sprint don't have Widows phone 8.1 OS anymore or Windows 10 Mobile OS at Sprint Store online. Just say no Windows OS in the Shop

Journeyman

If microsoft pushes the updates than Sprint should carrie windows 10 mobile. Which is we don't have to depend on Sprint anymore on updates

GrandMaster

the OS updates are pushed by the manufacturer of the phone..not the carrier. as is from what i heard unless the device was released with 8.1 it wont get 10. maybe it was 8.2 and above.

as is you mentioned Tmobile..they are a GSM carrier. Sprint is CDMA..as mentioned above they didnt make any new devices for the CDMA side..only GSM...so ATT and TMO only.

the ONLY thing you must depend on ANY carrier to do when it comes to these updates is to test them to hopefully make sure its not going to wreck havoc on any devices..once they test and deem it good they give the word to the manufacturer and they release it..the only phone that carriers dont get to test or have any word in are the Nexus phones..those are pure google..updates come direct from google and only google.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yes I know tmobile is GSM network. I was just saying at least tmobile decide to bring windows 10 mobile. I guess best thing to do is upgrade to insider app or wait until Microsoft starts to roll out free windows 10 mobile upgrade to non Lumina windows phones. Which I read on the web they started roll out free upgrade windows 10 mobile to Lumina 535 windows phone 8.11.

GrandMaster

from what i have read they are limiting it...well they have a break off on any devices from a certain update and later..i would have to find the break off point they were speaking about though.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat