cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What NO Windows OS for Smartphones?

Journeyman

Re: What NO Windows OS for Smartphones?

"We're refocusing our channel strategy, narrowing it in the short-term and plan for broader operator availability longer term. While there was interest across the board from U.S. operators, currently we've made the decision to have AT&T Carry the Lumia 950, and then sell both the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL unlocked through our own channel in the Microsoft Stores," said a company spokesman in the latest statement on the topic.

Unlocked GSM only! CDMA not included.  Any more questions?

Hopefully one of these other brands that are making Windows phones will be more interested in offering them to all carriers but only time will tell.

Journeyman

Yes i already know about this since last year. For me it's ok if it will not work for Sprint. My contract over for past 6 months now and I will probably jump ship if they do not have a windows 10 mobile by Spring.

Because most of phone providers like ATT and Tmobile are bringing back there unlimitted date plans again. Also great is OEM Manufacturers are now launching there own Windows 10 Mobile Like Sony Vaio and Xiaomi Mi5

and also coming soon in 2016 Surface Phone which they now have a website for it surfacephone.com which directs to microsoft surface website. So yes I have no regrets if Sprint don't have Win10Mobile and if nothing in Spring im Leaving going to Tmobile or ATT

SonyVaioW10.JPGXiamiM5.JPG

Journeyman

Yes I know it is on Sprint. New CEO is doing nothing about it. He loves his boring iphone. It ok my contract over 6 months ago and if they don't bring Windows 10 Mobile in Spring im going to ATT or Tmobile and they are not bringing back there unlimiXiamiM5.JPGted data plan back. So yes no worries. Also can't wait check out new Win10Mobiles launching.SonyVaioW10.JPG

Journeyman

Yes more W10M phones are coming and surely SOMEBODY will take the customers that Microsoft left behind. I hate AT&T so I don't know what I will do yet but the door isn't closed for anyone, we can go or stay.

GrandMaster

its all going to boil down to which carrier can do better in their area. att and tmo are junk in my area..its basically V or Sprint lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Well I rather have latest Windows 10 Mobile since it will be the Main OS for now. You can stay and still use a 3yrs old WP while i use a advance Windows 10 Mobile 🙂

Journeyman

Well there's your answer. Like I said the door is open for all.

Journeyman

We can forget about the Vaio they aren't coming to the US.

Journeyman

Yes open for all. Shows you why sprint stocks re sucking.

Journeyman

That's ok there are more other OEM Win10Mobile phone  coming soon!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ask Microsoft why they have not bothered to obtain Qualcomm CDMA Certification for their Windows 10 for Mobile platform via the Global Certification Forum first. Also ask them why they laid off their only Certified Qualcomm CDMA coder from Team Windows Phone in the first round of layoffs last year. This is starting to look like Windows Phone 7's almost GSM only strategy and treatment in a CDMA based country like the USA.

Microsoft has had a well documented uncooperative history with CDMA carriers using the Qualcomm standard (which is used by almost every CDMA network in the planted, compared to the broken China Mobile based code Microsoft prefers to use in order to avoid keeping a Qualcomm Certified CDMA coder in their team). This goes back to 2002. Please save any unresearched responses, as I worked for a preferred manufacturer of field testing device boards for Qualcomm, and CDMA is my life.

GrandMaster

well theres a eye opener for everyone on what exactly is happening.

non fault of the carriers...this would be all on Microsoft

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat