cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What NO Windows OS for Smartphones?

Journeyman

Re: What NO Windows OS for Smartphones?

If your thinking of using the insider app with a NEO for get  it. From what I've read it doesn't work, just locks your phone up.

GrandMaster

im starting to get a tad bit confused..is the windows 10 mobile he's talking about a device or a OS update?

i re read what was originally asked and it flipped me back to being confused on what the OP was asking lol

thenet95 started the discussion 5 days ago

Fricken sprint when you will add windows 10 mobile. We all don't want buggy Androids and boring iphones. We want more modern smartphones and that's wincows 10 mobile.

what im seeing is its a OS update with a pretty long list of devices it will actually work on. lumina430 all the way up to the lumina 1520...HTC One M8 for windows..the Lancet and the lumia Icon..

8 GB or free storage is needed along with whatever device you have must have came pre installed with 8.1 (8.10.14219.341 or earlier)

i could have sworn you were the one that mentioned this possibly in here or another thread

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

No I wasn't talking about windows insider app. I was talking about Microsoft which will be pushing windows 10 mobile upgrade to Lumina windows 8.11 or non Lumina windows phone 8.11 in February. Right now they started pushing win10mobile upgrade to Lumia 535

Windows 10 Mobile Rolling Out to Microsoft Lumia 535; Upgrade Advisor App Launched | NDTV Gadgets36...

Journeyman

Your confuse? Shows your head is hollow.  

GrandMaster

well saying "we want more more modern smartphones and thats windows 10 mobile" ...well windows 10 is a OS update...not a phone.

might want to review what you type out before hitting comment.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

No need to review my comment If you still don't understand than tough luck. Yes glad I posted it to show that sprint don't have anymore windows phone in the shop.

Journeyman

Yes Microsoft will be updating most of the lumia's BUT I haven't read/heard anything about the non lumia's getting the update. The only response I got when asking about it is it will be up to the phone manufacturer's, meaning from Microsoft to the phone manufacturer to the carrier then to the user. Same way 8.1 came to the NEO.

Journeyman

Regular updates are pushed by the manufacturer, but firmware must be authorized and put forth by the cellular provider.

So while there may be Sprint devices with w10 by using the insider program, they will not receive the latest firmware until it is cleared and released by the carrier. Same with AT&T, as I am waiting for the latest firmware for my 950 but AT&T has to OK it first and then supply it.

GrandMaster

even firmware updates are pushed by the manufacturer..but both must be tested by the carrier before its given the ok to be pushed out over their network to the devices.

GrandMaster

im only seeing 2 devices that arent Lumia devices that will get it..the HTC One M8 windows phone and the Lancet..it didnt really specify if the Lancet is also a Lumina device or not..just said Lancet.

Journeyman

Ok, this 'it was not sprint's fault' BS is just that. So, you think if we go to MS and complain, hey, make a CDMA phone, they will??

No, Sprint has to express the interest...it is on Sprint. It seems they have simply lost interest in Windows. In fact today, looking under available devices the only two OS filters were Android and iPhone. Time to give up on Windows or jump ship.

-ck

GrandMaster

then that puts both Sprint and Verizon in the same mix since theyre both CDMA

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat