cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What NO Windows OS for Smartphones?

Journeyman

Re: What NO Windows OS for Smartphones?

Microsoft's strategy is in a word puzzling. What's also strange is the CDMA market is WIDE open and yet none of the other OEM's are offering squat. Guess we've been forgotten.

Journeyman

The OEMS like HTC and Samsung cannot offer any devices until Microsoft gets Qualcomm CDMA certification for Windows 10 for Mobile via the Global Certification Forum (which has been handling both GSM and Qualcomm CDMA certifications since January of last year). This process is a requirement for companies who develop mobile operating systems (Apple, Google, and Blackberry are compliant with their respective mobile operating platforms, and Microsoft is usually very late to the Qualcomm CDMA certification dance).

Worst part of this is the fact Team Windows Phone does NOT have a single Qualcomm Certified CDMA coder, but if you want China Mobile CDMA they will give you that broken code in a flash (if the FCC allowed that broken code at all).

GrandMaster

wonder if they are viewing it as a GSM world now or if maybe there are more sales on the GSM side so why bother with the CDMA side of things?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

That's what it seems like but since 2 of the 4 carriers in the US are CDMA it seems crazy to just leave that cash on the table. Especially since they don't have much market share to begin with.

GrandMaster

didnt M get bought out by someone recently? wonder if that has anything to do with it? new bosses new way to do things.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Who's "M"?

GrandMaster

Microsoft

Journeyman

Nope Microsoft is the same.

Journeyman

To all Sprint windows phone users. Please sign and share this petition: https://www.change.org/p/microsoft-update-the-sprint-samsung-ativ-neo-to-windows-10-mobile?recruiter...

GrandMaster

why would signing a petition help? its microsofts decision to allow it or not..not the carrier.  plus if you look above there is a detailed explanation of why sprint or verion for that matter wont be getting any windows phones anytime soon.

Journeyman

Pretty sure your gonna need Samsung's help with this as well and I doubt they are going to bother since the phone is 3 years old. No to mention the fact that Windows 10 Mobile isn't certified for CDMA as MathiuzfromUSN has explained.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat