Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the deal !? RE: Window Phone 8

Journeyman

What is the deal !? RE: Window Phone 8

What is the delay in getting some kind of information on WP8?  I can believe that by now we don't even have a glimpse of what units will be available or when to expect them.  I am not looking for an exact date (although that would be nice), but why can't we even get a bit of information on this (like - this summer, fall or whatever)? We can't even get a date of when to expect an update to 7.8 for the Arrive. All we get is some canned responses that satisfy no one.

Not everyone wants an iPhone or Andriod phone. And now, I am betting Sprint will put more money, time or whatever into the new BB device.

I have been with Sprint for a while, but I would rather jump ship and head elsewhere when my contract is up. I can get any phone I want (iPhone, Android phone, WP8 phone and if I wanted, the new BB phone) at Verizon or ATT.  And when the next version of WP comes out, I know Verizon and ATT will be quicker to get devices to us.

I have been with Sprint for maybe 6 or 7 years and I feel like we are always watching other carriers get the newer phones as Sprint plays the wait and see game.

This waiting for newer devices is getting old.

Baaaaaah!!

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Sprint has announced they are getting a Samsung device and an HTC device this summer. Not very specific, but all you asked for was a glimpse of when and what to expect.

Journeyman

You are right, I totaly forgot about that blurb.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=2486

Journeyman

Yes, but don't expect much.  I guarantee Sprint will have one phone with a keyboard and one without.  They will both be around $200 sitting next to a free or $50 android phone and then they'll say, the phones just not moving and is not worth their time.  Just like they did with the Arrive. 

Journeyman

Here are the Sprint Windows Phone 8 phones coming in May or June...

Samsung ATIV S

HTC Tiara

http://www.theverge.com/2013/3/26/4148298/sprint-windows-phone-samsung-ativ-s-htc-tiara

Journeyman

At this point, all sites are still saying Ativ-S and Tiara as "rumored". Ativ-s is already out in UK and Canada, so this goes against the "new" Windows * device for Sprint.

Journeyman

seems about right for Sprint. Release below average Windows Phons and then report below average sales.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat