cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What other phone with sprint PAST or present CAN COMPARE TO THE TOUCH PRO?

Journeyman

What other phone with sprint PAST or present CAN COMPARE TO THE TOUCH PRO?

ANYBODY?

5 REPLIES 5
Master

Re: What other phone with sprint PAST or present CAN COMPARE TO THE TOUCH PRO?

Well I would say the Mogul, but the Touch Pro blows the Mogul out of the water.

Master

Yeah, I was thinking the Mogul as well. Only one I could think of. Tytn is a little bigger I think but also has the slide out keyboard.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Sprint Product Ambassador

Nothing as long as we're talking about full featured data devices.

The Instinct is a bit better feature phone - better dialer; faster access to favorites;  visual voicemail, bigger touchscreen controls.

But for a data device with every possible option, the Touch Pro rocks.  I've reconsidered getitng a Netbook now that I have the Touch Pro.  It just does everything I'd want to do on a Netbook, with better battery life and a dinky formfactor.

Ok, I can't play Quake on it.  

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Master

wengla02 wrote:

Ok, I can't play Quake on it.  

Pocket Quake

http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Games/Action/Pocket-Quake-16367.shtml

So what was that last thing? :-P haha

Journeyman

IF you are talking about technology for the time then Samsung i500 - one which i500 users were and still are VERY attached to.I regret losing it myself. My Sprint store recentlysaw a customer cry on giving it up when Sprint stopped replacing/supporting it. The i500 isa small (the smallest actually)tri-mode Palm based flip phone system which in size when folded had the size of a common small flip phone. The i500 had a great touch screen inside plus a touch pad which read grafitti (it read my handwriting one character at a time), as well as a standard phone keyboard. I could write data into itfaster than my kids can type with current pda qwerty keyboards or phone keyboards. I couldtake notes atmeetings as fast as a stenographer. It also had a screen touch keyboard usable by the stylus. It supported internet whichI used all the time (first Blazer browser and then Sprint switched toNovarra browserwhich Sprint just stopped supporting so you lost your internet even though they still charged you for Vision because you could get texting), full Palm functions like detailed contacts that synched to either Palm (synch versions up to4.14) or Outlook (using Chapura PocketMirror) - or both interestingly which I did using one at the office (synched using infrared)and one at home on the desktopor car on the laptop(either synched using the cradle which also charged a backup battery simultaneously.) Spreadsheets, and other Business functions. In fact you could install any Palm add-on which were numerous. It received text but did not send text - interesting since it was first made in an era where there was no texting. Using their largest battery of 3 batteries(yes it then became thick - about 3/4 inch with it) this high volume user's batterylasted all day with maybe4-5 hours usage.

Cons? 1) Other than what would now be considered a slow processor (fast for the times) Its greatest failure was 2) Memory could not be expanded - meaning that you failed from overflow on big websites that Blazer or Novarra didn't properly split into pagesor had to synch often if you entered a lot of data on a function such as taking notes or working on spreadsheets so as to dump the info into a computer. 3) Reception was poorer thanlater phonesin low or roaming areas. 4) It suffered from some problems - I went through 16 replacements in all those years.

When the i600 came out as an "upgrade" - few of us took it because it lost the touch screen even though it then had inside and outside screens. Samsung just didn't get it. Later "upgrades" including what Sprint now offers as a replacement are 2.5 to 3 times the physical size of this easily pocketable phone. I suppose it now belongs in a museum after 6 years of popularity.

Nowif you meant compared to current phones - of course the i500 is below the Pro - even though the Pro can't do some of what the i500 did that made people so attached to it.

Message Edited by Assignor on 12-31-2008 10:34 AM

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat