cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I send a text it is listed out of order -Treo Pro

Highlighted
Journeyman

When I send a text it is listed out of order -Treo Pro

I have a Treo Pro.  Some of my texts are out of order.  For instance, I have it set to display texts by received -newest at the top.  Right now, from the bottom up there are texts from the 11th, then 12th, 13th, then today (15th -but only because I was the last to text), then 14th and then 12th again. For the most part, when a new text comes in it will be at the top, but if I reply to it, it drops down to somewhere in the middle.  If they reply again, it goes back to the top.  I don't know why the one text from the 12th isn't with the other one from the 12th.  It doesn't seem to do it all the time.  For sure EVERY time that I reply to a text, it will go in the middle.

I do notice that any text that I send has only a time stamp and any text that is sent to me has only a date stamp.

Any suggestions?  I also have the 2016 issue (where my texts say they were sent in 2016) but I know that they are working on that issue.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: When I send a text it is listed out of order -Treo Pro

TxBrandi wrote:

I have a Treo Pro.  Some of my texts are out of order.  For instance, I have it set to display texts by received -newest at the top.  Right now, from the bottom up there are texts from the 11th, then 12th, 13th, then today (15th -but only because I was the last to text), then 14th and then 12th again. For the most part, when a new text comes in it will be at the top, but if I reply to it, it drops down to somewhere in the middle.  If they reply again, it goes back to the top.  I don't know why the one text from the 12th isn't with the other one from the 12th.  It doesn't seem to do it all the time.  For sure EVERY time that I reply to a text, it will go in the middle.

I do notice that any text that I send has only a time stamp and any text that is sent to me has only a date stamp.

Any suggestions?  I also have the 2016 issue (where my texts say they were sent in 2016) but I know that they are working on that issue.

After reading your post this evening, I decided to write: but not because I have the answer, but because I, too, just purchased my SECOND Palm model cellphone - the Treo PRO - and though I consider myself very intuitive with most things electronic (I earned a degree in computer electronics in 2000), I would like to know the answer to YOUR question as well as MINE, which is more primary or elementary in nature than that.  And MY question, as it relates to text messaging, is that ever since owning the phone, about a week now, I've spent considerable time with it trying to learn Windows Mobile CE, the software on this model phone.  Seeing my last phone model was a Palm Treo 755p using Palm's OS versus Windows CE, I'm somewhat confused as to just HOW to configure AND use the text messaging feature in this phone.  I thought I "discovered" HOW to use text messaging (SMS) the other day; NOW I can't even GET to the text messaging application at ALL.  And there's SEVERAL to use at THAT!  I don't want to use AOL's AIM or Windows Messenger, or Yahoo Messenger, I just want to use PLAIN OLD TEXTING with an application similar to or almost like the one in my prior Treo 755p phone that was easy and efficient to use, for me at least.  I can't seem to hack the SMS/MMS program at all so I'm all thumbs now and embarrassed to even have to ASK you or anybody HOW to get at TEXTING with this phone!

I'm frustrated with the application I'm using -- AS IS -- and want something more like the PREVIOUS texting application I was using on my Treo 755p.  AND, shortly after purchasing my previous Treo 755p Smartphone, I downloaded a "FREE" Sprint e-Mail application that worked just FINE for me -- better than what came installed on the phone.  SO, after logging in to Sprint's site this evening to "discover" what "freebies" Sprint has provided for this darling Treo PRO, after logging in it said, basically: "...we're sorry but there is no Premium content available for your model phone."  Now how do you like that?  If I call customer service for help, I wind up getting somebody far far away in a place over 12,000 miles away in fact -- a country with an archipelagio (sp?) of over 5,000 islands.  I want to talk to somebody HERE!  Is that possible?  Our cellular phone system and ways of texting are vastly different than those abroad, whose systems mainly utilize SIM cards and such.

Anyway, without more to do on that subject, could you tell me exactly WHAT texting application you're using?  Is it BUILT-IN to the Treo PRO phone? ...or is it an EXTERNAL texting application you're using?

Also, to answer YOUR question, I remember reading on SPRINT'S website here, about a download that addresses THIS VERY PROBLEM of erroneous year stamping and date stamping, etc., and I'm sure if you browse around on their website a bit, you'll find an answer to your problem.  I know that I stumbled on this stated problem and I downloaded and applied the update that addresses this particular issue, to MY Treo PRO phone so that it wouldn't have this problem in the future.  If you cannot readily find it, please answer me back through this forum and I'll try and point you DIRECTLY to the web page where the download that addresses this particular problem, is found. Okay?

In the interim, would you tell me WHICH texting application you're using?  Is a third-party app, Sprint's app, or what?

Thanks.  Sorry for being so long-winded but I type over 125 wpm and have since the age of almost 18.  I'm also a professional organist so my fingers fly.  Sometimes that's to my advantage -- too many times it wears out my readers.  So please excuse me this time!

Thanks!

TPUSER 

Journeyman

I am having a similar problem my treo pro only leaves a date stamp, but go to your texting inbox and at the top right it will say received tap this and it will say message type, from, received, subject.  select the one that says received.  you can select it multiple times and each time it will put them in different orders from top to bottom or bottom to top.  Also if you have old texts you might need to wipe them out (when you select received) as it will still like to put them in that order because lets say a friend is 10 texts down from the top it will still try to put the new text from that person in the same 10 text down slot. stupid I know but its windows....we just need windows 7 for our stupid phones!!!

Journeyman

Thanks for trying to answer, but unfortunately, that wasn't the extent of the problem.  We had already tried that.  We deleted all the texts, did a soft reset (and even a hard reset thanks to the people at Sprint).  When the texts started coming in again, they would be all out of order -it wouldn't be oldest to newest or newest to oldest -just all jumbled up.  I think it had to do with an inconsistancy in the fact that texts received had a time stamp, but if I replied to them, it had only a date stamp so the system was all confused -or something along those lines.

Turns out, it was part of the incorrect time/date stamp problem.  I was told to download the fix for that (cause it was stamping 2016 or something like that) and doing that actually fixed the other problem as well.  Now, it's working just fine!

TP user. I was using the texting program that came with the phone.  And don't worry, cause i type fast too & I often have written a book before I realize it!  lol!  Sorry I didn't respond, but until today, it wouldn't let me reply -it seemed to have me logged in, but then I linked my sprint accounts and now it works.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat