cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will HTC Arrive's get Update 7.10.8107.79?

Journeyman

Microsoft has taken down their per-carrier update availability info, so now I ask Sprint - when will you push this very important update to your Windows Phone customers?

10 REPLIES
Journeyman

We'll probably get it in a week from never...lol

Journeyman

You can force your upgrade. I did it with my Arrive using these instructions. http://www.wpcentral.com/force-mango-update-early-through-zune-software?page=8

Keep trying a couple times if it doesn't work at first.

Journeyman

westwaswon: Those instructions are for how to force Mango. The relase the OP is talking about (8107) is an interim release and will not update to devices using the force method you listed earlier.

I have verified this myself by testing out various methods of forcing the update via Zune that have always worked in the past, and none of them will put 8107 on a phone. There is however a manual way of forcing the update (via getting the official cab files and using a 3rd party tool to push the update files to the phone) but I will not post it here. The reason being it is far to easy to mess it up and wind up with a bricked device. I don't want to be responsible for that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's a sad day when the Dell Venue Pro is getting official rollouts of 8107, but Sprint's Arrive using customers cannot.

Journeyman

Re: When will HTC Arrive's get Update 7.10.8107.79?

Yes this has been an awful show of support from Sprint for their only Windows Phone 7 device.  Not all of us want an Android or iPhone.  Carriers with much smaller user bases have provided the 8107 update (US Cellular) yet Sprint has yet to even mention the update's existence.

Must I really switch to AT&T for better service?

I hope not.

Journeyman

Given that the Tango update was just made public, perhaps Sprint will skip 8107 and go straight to Tango.

Journeyman

Not for me they won't. A Sprint Employee flat out lied on the forums today saying that MS & HTC have not provided any sort of update that would work for the Arrivet

The Arrive is the HTC GoldC...aka 7 Pro. It's the exact hardware in use on US Cellular, which means the update was not only created, but certified & rolled out over 2 months ago for the device.

The only thing that wasn't finished was things like Sprint customizing the menus to say Sprint, which is something Sprint does.

Sprint has intentionally not released the update, then blamed MS & HTC.

I did something today I said I would never do... I switched to AT&T for a free Nokia Lumia 900.

That's twice in a decade that Sprint employee lies & deception have caused me to leave & pay the ETF to avoid their shadiness. I won't be back again...

Journeyman

I have been a Sprint customer since the very early days. Was a "Premier Gold" customer before they canceled the program.  I really want my next phone to be a Windows phone like the Nokia Lumia 900 - LTE, etc.  There is no way I want to have crucial updates delayed on a smart phone, however.  They are basically small computers. Would you delay installing OS updates in Windows or Mac for some arbitrary reason? You would increase the risk of security breaches and you miss out on corrections of known issues (not to mention missing out new features). 

I am going to think very carefully before I renew later this year.

Journeyman

Yet another data point: Verizon just announced they're updating the HTC Trophy, and based on the quick analysis by the folks at WPCentral, it's the 8107 update. http://www.wpcentral.com/verizon-set-push-out-latest-windows-phone-os-update-htc-trophy

Actual Verizon PDF: http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/system_update/trophy.pdf

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.