cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do Sprint agents try to talk down Windows phones?

Journeyman

Re: Why do Sprint agents try to talk down Windows phones?

Mendozilla,

I can absolutely understand where you are coming from. There are no excuses for any agent to bash any of our phones period. We truly appreciate your tenure with us and don’t want you to be disappointed.  We can absolutely submit feedback and get this moved up. If you would like for me to go ahead and submit feedback let me know and I will reach out to you via private message for some more information and get that put in for you.  Let me know.

Joseph

Sprint Social care

Journeyman

Joseph,

Please do keep me informed.

I can see by the reviews that the pone is already pleasing current owners, I'll go ahead and get mine in just a few days since I'm almost due for an upgrade.

Best regards, Mendozilla.

Journeyman

Mendozilla,

I noticed some time has passed with no reply. I have sent you a private message for details in regards to the feedback. I have not received a reply and just wanted to make sure you received the message. If you need me to resend the message or have any questions please let me know.

Joseph

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Hi Joseph, thank you for the follow up. Excuse my ignorance but where do I check my PM's here in the forum? or if you don't mind re-sending it, somwhow I missed it.

Regards, Mendozilla.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mendozilla,

Absolutely, not a problem. I have resent the message just in case with the subject titled “Feedback Request”. You can find PM’s by clicking on your Display name at the top of the page. Once on your “bio” page, on the middle of the page you will see tabs; Bio, activity, content, friends, places, tasks, bookmarks and Private messages. Click on private messages and it will take you to your inbox. Look forward to hearing from you.

Joseph

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

This is the same thing I have experienced while looking for Windows 8 phones in Sprint stores.  To me if feels like Sprint wants the Windows platform to fail.  They released the HTC 8XT Windows Phone with very little advertisement and hype.  1 day before the launch of the HTC 8XT their sells reps, in the stores, had no idea Sprint was about to get a Windows device, and tried to direct me to an Android phone.  2 weeks after the launch it still wasn't on display inside of Bestbuy stores, in which Sprint has their own sales space.

Just yesterday I actually went into a Sprint store to buy the Samsung ATIV S Neo only to ultimately find out it was delayed.  The reason I put "ultimately" was because this was after the sales rep in the store told me that Sprint was not getting a Samsung Windows phone, and that the next Windows phone would be a Motorola phone.  The rep then proceeded to convince me that the Moto X was running a Windows operating system, to which I looked at the picture and pointed out that it was obviously Android.  Furthermore, none of the reps knew anything about the HTC 8XT that was actually on display, in the back corner of the store, far away from the door.  It's like they were never trained on the device.  At least they had it plugged up and turned on.

Finally, I actually had to log into Sprint's website, inside the store on an iPad mini which the rep quickly tried to sell me, to prove to said rep that Sprint actually did carry a Samsung Windows 8 device, the ATIV S Neo.  The rep had a surprised look on their face like I had just showed them that the boogie man was real, and the earth was not flat.  At that point I had enough and walked out the store empty handed. 

Journeyman

I tried to order the ATIV S Neo on the 16th and could never get the order to go through. I tried several times and never got a confirmation of the order. I went to the local Sprint store and like your experience, none of the reps knew anything about it. They finally found it on their system but they said it was not in stock, so they could not sell it to me. I called Sprint and was able to order it by phone. I hope to get it tomorrow or the next day.

It rally amazed me how difficult it was to buy this phone. It is like they don't want to give the consumer what they want. If I had not been able to get the Samsung on Friday I would be an AT&T customer now.

Journeyman

Seriously, agree with all.  Why did I just commit to two more years with Sprint in July? I have been a loyal customer for 13 or 14 years.  Went to a Sprint store on the 17th.  One sales rep had no idea what my wife was talking about, a second one without ever looking up said "that phone will only be available for order online."  Came on line a few days later and found everybody talking about the (extremely) botched Samsung release.  Today I was killing time (30 minutes ago) and stopped at a larger Sprint store.  The young female sales rep said, "Oh yeah, we have it".  She was almost enthusiastic although she did tell me as we walked over that she didn't know anything about it or windows phone.  I told her I was surprised because no one had it.  Anyway she said they had but then said, let me check to make sure.  Came back a minute later after I already saw her talking to a guy who I could tell had a look of disgust on his face.  She said, "we did get it in, but it sold out really fast, but we can order it for you."  I asked when they would get more (knowing the answer) and she said she didn't know.  Then the guy came over and I said, you know, you guys should really be doing more for this phone.  As I said it, I took out my HTC 8XT.  The guy again looked horrified and said "Why?  You like your phone?"  I replied that I loved it, it was a great phone, simple to use and I thought everybody should have one.  Horror still on his face he asked "Don't you feel restricted?"  I looked at him puzzled, and said "restricted, no why?"  I was convinced he was going to feed me a line of BS about Android open source, blah blah blah.  So I pushed a few more times.  When he finally said, "well for example, there's no HOME screen, how can you do anything?"  I was basically like really?  That's your big google complaint?  I took out my phone, "this is my home screen, I can put or add anything I want on here basically and searching for anything not on here is simple."  It quickly became apparent that he didn't want to discuss his precious Android and its "superiority" with its HOME screen.  The woman stayed talking to me and I explained some of the things I liked about it and how simple it is.  She at least feigned interest, but was probably too young to really care that much, but maybe I planted a seed and she will play with it when not busy at work.  The guy then came back and told the young woman she had a customer eventhough there were about 6 employees sitting behind the counter in the front/middle of the store and not a single one was helping anybody, including him.  He just didn't want me to taint her with the "No HOME screen Windows Phone!"  So once again, a Sprint person knows nothing about Windows phone, clearly came over with the intent of steering me over to the Galaxy 4 and obviously will try to steer everyone away from Windows phone.

At least the phones were on display before the middle of the store, but it was opposite side from all the Androids and I thin the iPhones too.  The one good thing is they did have a display Samsung ATIV, so my wife can go try it out and decide if she wants it or the HTC.

Seriously Sprint, you have some explaining to do about the behavior of your reps across the nation.  I also noticed that Best Buy (large Best Buy) had no Sprint Windows phones at all.  There is an obvious disregard for Windows Phone that borders on flat out sabotage.  First get the phone 8 months after everyone else, next do not advertise at all, followed by quickly hiding in store if you have at all, employee training to hate the phone and steer people away from it, get middling spec first generation Win 8 phones when the other carriers are releasing 2nd gen phones, and the glaring lack of Nokia phones that are flying off the shelves at other providers.

Ughhh... I knew I should have gone to AT&T.

Journeyman

Are you guys actually monitoring or at least passing this thread up to Sprint Customer Care?  It's hard to believe that this problem is occurring nationwide and it's a mere coincidence.  I remember how hostile Sprint was toward the HTC Arrive, which was also a windows phone.  The phone got almost perfect reviews from everyone that fought through the Sale Rep flak and actually purchased the phone, only for Sprint to spontaneously stop selling it and declare the Windows phone platform a failure.  Looking at the Sprint site right now, both the HTC 8XT and the Samsung ATIV S Neo are getting near perfect reviews, yet every Sprint sales rep I cross paths with either claims to know nothing about the Windows 8 phones, or talk them down severely and try to sell me an Android.  Sprint stopped carrying Nokia phones the moment they became a Windows exclusive platform.

I don't have a crystal ball, but I can foresee Sprint claiming that the phones aren't selling well nationwide pretty soon.   Well, no surprise!  Your sales reps are proclaiming ignorance to the existence of Windows 8 Phones inside of Sprint Stores.  Once the customer gives them training on the existence of Windows 8 phones, something that Sprint should have done, they then proceed to talk down the very phone they previously claimed to know nothing about.  Did Google, the owner's of Android, secretly buy out Sprint and you guys haven't told us?  Certainly feels that way.  I am so frustrated now that I have started complaining to Microsoft via their Windows Phone 8 feedback page.  I really hope they are monitoring this thread.

Journeyman

I just thought I would add my two cents to this discussion.  I have a friend that works at a Sprint store.  I decided to stop in yesterday, and see if I could get a look at the new Samsung phone.  My Arrive, wonderful phone that it has been, is starting to have problems.  I am due for an upgrade, today I think, so I thought I would take a look.  Turns out my friend was working, and he greeted me at the door.  I asked him if they had the New Samsung Windows phone there, and he stated that they didn't have any.  I asked if they had the HTC, and again, no dice.  He told me that he didn't know why they didn't have any Windows phones, and he hasn't heard anything about them getting any either.  He said that he hadn't even had his hands on one yet.  What a shame.  Is it any wonder that Sprint stores are always empty when I walk in?

Sad little stores with way too many employees sitting around doing nothing.  Walk into the AT&T store?  Always packed.   The only thing that has stopped me from switching has been that I would need to make an appointment with a sales agent to get signed up.  That's how busy they are.  I haven't been sure it's what I wanted to do, but now the phone is going out.  The thought of keeping this phone for another five months is more than I can handle.  Soon I will be taking my business to AT&T.  My wife will join me.  They have iPhone there so she will be happy.  I will be because they have Windows phone, and choices in which one.  I will give Sprint the $260 to get us both out.  It will be a sad day, but my loyalty hasn't been rewarded in kind.

Journeyman

All,

I must add the I did reported the issued with the help of POPCORN_PLAYA, he submitted the complain though it has to be specific about the locations and the people involved, I can say that the issue was fixed, I went back to the stores and the display for the windows phones instead of being all the way on the back they are now in the front of the store along with the Samsung Android devices, the agent I talked to didn't try to put down the phone this time instead she highlighted the good things about it and also mentioned that choosing the phone it was a matter of personal preference and needs. I'm glad that the issue was resolved at least locally but I would have like that the problem had reach higher chains in command.

Best regards, Mendozilla.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat