cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Sprint hate it's Windows phone users?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why does Sprint hate it's Windows phone users?

Sprint's latest answer to the "When is Sprint launching its WP8 devices?" is "We're working with the manufacturers to come up with a launch date and we'll update you as soon as we know something".  Oh, please!  Stop it and tell us the truth!  You're over a year behind other carriers, you've been promising to launch the devices "by summer" since January 7th, the devices already exist (HTC 8X and Samsung Aptiva).  What could POSSIBLY be taking so long??  Did you sign some deal with Samsung to hold off on the WP8 devices until the Galaxy IV was well on its way?  You push your Windows Phone users to the side in favor of android and crapple and we're tired of the run-around.  GIVE US THE DATE!  And, it BETTER BE SOON or you'll be losing WP users in droves to the other carriers.  But, considering your attitude toward us so far, maybe you don't care if we leave!  Sign me "FEELING IGNORED!!!"

12 REPLIES 12
Journeyman

Re: Why does Sprint hate it's Windows phone users?

CAUSE YOUR SILLY ENOUGH TO WANT A PHONE WE DON'T WANT TO CARRY.  SO SIT DOWN AND QUIT BUGGING US ABOUT THAT STUPID WINDOWS PHONE.  YOU'LL GET IT WHEN WE SAY YOU WILL AND YOU'LL LIKE IT.

and have a nice day!!! 

Wizard

Qwest4Truth,

Thanks for the post. We dont want you to feel like we are ignoring your WP8 needs. We are still working on the details with the actual phone manufacturers. This is what the hold up is, so to speak.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I've got tired of waiting on an answer from Sprint regarding the release date of Windows Phone 8, so I switched to T Mobile and got a Nokia Lumia 521 Windows phone 8 for $149.99 and NO CONTRACT. Good-bye Sprint - not everyone cared for Android or iPhone.

Wizard

No_More_Sprint,

Thanks for the post. Im sorry you decided to leave over this. I hope your happier now with your new device. But to be clear you got your device by putting a down payment on your device of $149.99 for your device. If you find out your not happy with your new carrier, you are obligated to pay for the remaining balance of the full cost of your device if you want to leave. You pay for your device in your bill every month. Just putting that out there if you were not aware and for anyone else thinking about doing what you have done going Magenta.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Capt. Random, while you did make a generally correct statement about t-mobiles plan you are wrong in this case. The Lumia 521 is 150 dollars. That is it. Its 29 down on a plan and 20 a month. The difference in tmobile and sprints plans is when you pay off the phone your bill goes down 20 dollars whereas sprint charges the same amount forever. When you buy a more expensive phone you pay around 150 or so and then another 20 a month. You cancel early you pay the phone off, similar to sprints etf. Facts should be checked next time.

Wizard

arachnicide,

Thanks for the post reply. I just have to make an adjustment on what you stated. You are not paying $20 a month. Your paying $5.00 a month for 2 yrs. After you pay your $29 you pay $5 a month covering your remaining $120 left on the phone. Sorry if you feel I didn't check my facts,but that device is the only W8P they have. In fact the device just came out on 4/27/13, anything they had before that got phased out just like our last Windows device the HTC arrive .For a budget device, just to get Windows on your phone you made a good call. But for the others following this thread your device does not have access to LTE should not be an issue since they have only just begun rolling out true LTE service, The screen does not have good quality and you have no flash for your camera. Once Sprint and the manufacturers decide on what the next device will be. We will not disappoint. We would want a Window OS device that will be comparable to the other high horsepower devices in our line up. We wont just toss out just anything to please the masses. Thanks for all your great input though it made for some really good dialog about Windows 8 devices.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Cpt.Random,

Yeah, I made a mistake about the 20 dollars a month, that is for the more expensive phones, 5 dollars is correct.

I assume that the announcement from Samsung will come at their event on the 20th, but I think sprint shot themselves in the foot over this whole "by summer" timeframe. People expected to have it in hand by now. T-Mobile will also have the new lumia 925 in the next few weeks, which is going to be another hit to sprints customers who are waiting (somewhat) patiently. I think if facts were communicated better and sprint made an official announcement about the status it would at least appease people to know whats going on. However, I am sure saying they were wrong and it will be later than expected is going to force people to leave at a similar amount or perhaps even more than just being silent. For me, I just like to know what is going on. If they end up releasing and updated ATIV-S, I will be happy with that. However, if its the same phone that's out I would be annoyed with the massive delay.

Wizard

arachnicide,

Thanks for the reply. I cant say I totally disagree with you. I cant imagine what would be taking so long with this. But at this time unfortunately, this is where we are. Hopefully we can finish with all the talk and provide a date for this particular launch. Might be too late for you now, but in a few months once you pay that device off, we can have the your device in our line up. Until then enjoy your device.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I'm having trouble with my Android phone, but I'm holding out till I can get a Windows 8 Phone.  In order to make the phone limp along till either, Sprint gets a Windows 8 phone or August 1st when enough other family members are no longer under contract and we can move to Verizon, I went to the Sprint repair center to see if they could do anything for the phone.  They suggested that I upgrade my phone and I told them what I was waiting for.  They said that it might be a while for Sprint because one of the phones they were looking at couldn't be made to work on Sprint's network so they had to start over again.  Face to palm!  Why doesn't Sprint let US know what's going on instead of stringing us along trying to squeeze the last $ out of us that they can before we get pissed off and move carriers.

Journeyman

I believe it has to do with the amount of time, effort and money that Sprint spent getting iPhone (last). Given their commitments there, if they promote a phone or phones that may generate interest away from the iPhone, they won't make their quota to meet the business plan that justified spending billions of dollars to get the iPhone. But that's just my guess.

Journeyman

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat