cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Sprint not providing its customers with Windows 8 phone option?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why is Sprint not providing its customers with Windows 8 phone option?

I am really disappointed Sprint is not giving its customers a 3rd choice.  Blackberry is dead and really a business O.S. that Windows 8 is likely to replace quickly.  People who want a phone that just works, is fast and effecient, and hooks into everything Microsoft seamlessly, are going to luv this OS!   I am a 12+ year Sprint customer who is going to Verizon because of Sprints choice not to offer Windows 8 phones.   How about the rest of you out there?   Anybody NOT WANT THE CHOICE TO BE YOURS?

27 REPLIES 27
Journeyman

Re: Why is Sprint not providing its customers with Windows 8 phone option?

A windows phone 8 is much needed. Sprint probably was not very successful with the htc wp7 but that shouldn't made Sprint to overlook wp8. With Microsoft entering the tablet arena, they could have capitalized on the Surface launch by offering a wp8 to compliment it. I have been waiting for a solid big screen windows phone since windows mobile became obsolete but I am stuck with the second best option, the evo. When I heard news of the Surface and wp8, I saved to buy both the Surface and wp8 but now I am waiting for a companion to my Surface.

Wizard

Sprint made a preliminary annoucement, I think it was last month, that they are bringing WP8 devices in 2013. No date has been set, but I'd bet on second quarter.

Journeyman

I will say this. I am happy with the Arrive so far.

However, when my contract is up late next year and they don't have a WP8 Phone for me and my wife to upgrade to, at good pricing with good servie and options, I will be finding a new provider.

I won't wait beyond that,, that's like October, and if there is not good support for it by then, they will be losing 2 customers, me and my wife.

Sprint better take notice. We Do Not Want IPhone or Android.

Master

We are looking at bring a windows 8 phone into the line up  but it will be some time next year.

Wizard

do what you gotta do, Tim. Things don't move as fast as I want them too either! That's the nature, we discuss the next next thing before the next thing is out.

Journeyman

This is great news! I have 3 devices on my account that will be up for an upgrade by the end of next year and all 3 will be upgraded to WP 8 devices. I have been a customer for 13 years and I knew Sprint would not let me down. Thank you!

Journeyman

Can someone at Sprint give us a better answer than "sometime next year'?  Sprint knows what their target is; no competing device or product is in the offing; no reason to keep loyal Sprint customers who are getting more frustrated by the day with this kind of "no answer".

Master

As the information has not been released   We do not have any better date.  Until there is an official release of that information  even if we did have some information  we would not be able to release it.   We will  have to wait for the Sprint release of additional information

Journeyman

I, too, am eagerly anticipating Sprint's release of a WP8 device.  My contract's up in April, 2013, and I hope Sprint's new device is out by then.  The Nokia Lumia 920 sure is a tempting option...  I don't want to leave Sprint, but they gotta keep up with market trends and the WP market is definitely on the rise!

In response to Sprint 9149's message: "do what you gotta do, Tim. Things don't move as fast as I want them too either! That's the nature, we discuss the next next thing before the next thing is out."  Every other major carrier has multiple WP7 devices - Sprint offers only the HTC Arrive, yet they offer iphone 4, 4s and 5.  So, why only 1 WP device?  And, why no WP8 devices planned until "sometime next year"?  The WP market is steadily growing and it's perfectly reasonable to expect Sprint to grow with its customers.  Time to step up, Sprint, and get us more WP7 devices PLUS a couple of WP8's.

Wizard

I don't disagree with you. Im sure they are working on it. Sprint has traditionally had large handset lineups with some of the most selection. When the HTC Arrive came out though, it sat on the shelves and collected dust. Also salespeople will be slow to recommend it both because they don't know it as well and don't believe in it yet. Google won't even make native apps for it yet. And it still represents like 3% of the phone market share.

Regardless, hopefully it comes soon.

Journeyman

Any update on when sometime next year might be (now this year)? I'm assuming you are taking it upon yourself to post. Its not very useful or productive to repeat the "sometime next year" line, This was the news back in November.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat