Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Sprint send the new Update W8.1

Highlighted
Journeyman

Will Sprint send the new Update W8.1

I am seeing all the new stuff for Windows phone 8.1. It sounds so cool But I think its up to sprint to send the updates to the phones. I hope they do and If they are when Will it be??

29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted
Master

Re: Will Sprint send the new Update W8.1

Lenny4033,

The new features for the Windows 8.1 Update does seem really neat. Unfortunately, the updates come from the manufacturer of the phones. We don't have any information as of yet concerning the release date of the update. When available, you will receive a notification on the phone prompting to update. The information regarding the Windows 8.1 Update, when available will also be on sprint.com/support. Hope this helps, and thanks for posting.

Marie
Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

Any word on the update?

Highlighted
Master

Lenny4033,

I apologize about the delay. The information regarding the release of the Software Update has yet to be available on our end. The News Room on Sprint.com is always a good place to get up to date information as well. Of course you can keep checking with us. I can wait for you to get your update. Let me ask what phone are you using?
RayonSprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

You CAN wait? 

Highlighted
Master

Finally_Windows, Thanks for posting. If you need us we are always here to help. - Kimberly
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the 8XT. I really dont like watching TV anymore Seeing the commercials on the 8.1 update. Any word yet?

Highlighted
Master

Lenny4033- We are sorry about the delay. We have not received any information regarding the release of the software update. Check out Sprint.com/newsroom for up to date information. Thanks! - NiaSprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I cry a little when i see the Cortana commercials and then I look at my 8xt and ask Cortana a question, but no answer

Highlighted
Master

merker454 - The information regarding the release of the Software Update has yet to be available on our end. We apologize for the inconvenience. - Nia Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I just dont understand why its so secretive. I see articles that my phone wont get the update. Will I get a new phone if I dont get the update?

Highlighted
Master

merker454,

I apologize for the lack of information. We have to get the release from the manufacturer before we are able to test and release it. At this time, we have not been provided any release information. If you're interested in a new device, you can check out upgrade options at sprint.com/phones

Lorrie
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat