cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Windows phone 8 be a International (world) phone?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Will Windows phone 8 be a International (world) phone?

I am a owner of a HTC touch pro 2 w/windows mobile 6.5.3 .

My phone is a international world phone so i can use it in countries like costa rica that use GSM.

The Windowsphone 7 did not have that so i did not buy it & it flopped.

Does anyone know if the new Windowsphone 8 is useable overseas or will it become a flop like WP7?

Should i wait to find out or go with the Note 2?

CDMA only phones are crap !

Robert in VA

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Re: Will Windows phone 8 be a International (world) phone?

Thanks for reaching out to us. Sorry, but it has not been disclosed as of yet whether or not our Windows 8 devices will be international capable. As we come closer to the launch dates, more details will be provided. Features that have been disclosed so far show as; both the Samsung and HTC smartphones will offer our 3G and 4G LTE and impressive lists of features, including dual cameras enabling video chat, dual-core processors for enhanced internal speed between applications and support for expandable external memory.

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

Journeyman

Your "impressive lists of features" is something that all the other carriers have already. I am seriously considering switching to AT&T prepaid for $50/mo just so I can get a Windows Phone 8 device. I'm sure you don't care since I'm just one person and you've got thousands satisfied with the iPhone5.

Journeyman

From above:

"... both the Samsung and HTC smartphones will offer our 3G and 4G LTE and impressive lists of features, including dual cameras enabling video chat, dual-core processors for enhanced internal speed between applications and support for expandable external memory."

Are you sure about that?  Expandable memory is important to me for mp3's, but from what I saw about the HTC "Tiara" model in news items yesterday, that model doesn't seem to support expanded memory.  I was hoping that the smaller form factor phone would have expandable memory.

Brian

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat