Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WinMo 6.5 Update for Touch Pro?

Journeyman

WinMo 6.5 Update for Touch Pro?

Good evening!  I heard rumors that Windows Mobile 6.5 will be released as an upgrade ROM for Sprint's existing Touch Pro users.  Can anyone give me an idea when this might happen, if it is indeed true?  Much Thanks!!!

~Brendan

1 REPLY 1
Master

Nope, not true. HTC has issued a schedule on their website that includes a message saying that older phones like the Diamond and Pro will not be receiving an upgrade.

That said, it is very unlikely that Sprint will tackle the job themselves. Mainly because they don't appear to have the experience or the interest in supporting these OLD (sarcasm) phones.

However, there are plenty of ROMs made by other users available and if all your interested in is a 6.5 upgrade then check out Indagrooves ROM. What he did was take the latest ROM made by HTC/Sprint and added the 6.5 build to it. Runs pretty quick and very stable, more so then the 6.1 version that cmae on it. Only thing I don't like is the new EZInput 2.X that every ROM builder seems to want to include. Definitely not a good keyboard layout for the TP and Diamond screen sizes. However, I did find the EZInput 1.5 version which brings back the compact qwerty keyboard.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat