Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 phone

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Windows 10 phone

I have a Samsung ATIV S Neo which we are all pretty sure will never get Windows 10.

Microsoft does not make a Sprint compatible Windows 10 phone, per say.  So that option is out.

I can't change carries for one reason or another.

So in an effort to torture myself I did a chat with the Microsoft support people and they had a suggestion. I would like an opinion if it is doable before I try.  Thanks in advance.

Ok basically they seemed to think that Sprint and Verizon use the same technology, is this true?

Microsoft sells a Nokia Lumia 735 for Verizon on their website.  This is a Windows 8.1 phone but it can be upgraded to Window 10.  It also has Hello and can support wallet, or so I was told.  After the upgrade of course.

So basically the Microsoft support persons suggestion is that I purchase the no contract phone from their site, it is $200.  Then take it to Sprint and have them move it to the Sprint network.  Can they do that?  Will it work?

Again, thanks for any responses.

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES
Sprint Social Care

Re: Windows 10 phone

jjhii

Thank you for reaching out to us. Unfortunately as of now we only support some device,

Supported Apple unlocked devices: 

• iPhone 5c (Verizon only)
  • iPhone 5s (Verizon only)
  • iPhone 6
  • iPhone 6 Plus
  • iPhone 6s
  • iPhone 6s Plus
  • iPhone SE
  • iPad Air
  • iPad Air 2
  • iPad Mini Retina
  • iPad Mini 3
  • iPad Mini 4
  • iPad Pro.

HuaweiGoogle Nexus 6P
LGGoogle Nexus 5
LGGoogle Nexus 5X
MotorolaGoogle Nexus 6
MotorolaMoto G4
MotorolaMoto G4 Plus
MotorolaMoto X Pure Edition
SamsungSamsung Galaxy S7 edge Special Edition
SamsungSamsung Galaxy S7 Special Edition

Keep us posed if you have any other questions or concerns, we are here to help!

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thanks for the response, I should have know better than to think it would work

Regards

GrandMaster

both Verizon and LTE use CDMA and LTE but different bands.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Listen to fireguy_6364, after all he is a sprint employee.

GrandMaster

do you really want to add trolling/harassment to the site strikes?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

In other words they don't offer much!

Journeyman

Jeffrey, that is a short list of devices and obviously more devices that what appears on the list are currently operating on the Sprint Network.  What is the working definition of a "supported device" and is that different than an "approved device"?

GrandMaster

if youre looking for info on a specific device you might as well come out and just say what it is so they can either say yes or no to it.

Sprint Social Care

Good morning WillT4

Thanks for reaching out.

What device is it that you wish to bring to Sprint?

Juan
Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat