cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 6.5 update

Journeyman

Windows 6.5 update

Have anyone found a successful Windows 6.5 udate ROM for the Sprint HTC Touch Pro2?

8 REPLIES 8
Master

Re: Windows 6.5 update

Nope, best bet is to just wait until it's released from Sprint, or pick out your favorite ROM cooker and try them out.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Per HTC WinMo 6.5 should be arriving in November but I was not provided an exact date 😞

Master

If you followed the live chat today which Sprint held, this was the answer regarding WinMobile 6.5 upgrades.

They're testing Windows Mobile 6.5 updates for the HTC Touch Pro2 and other Windows phones; "plan for early 2010."

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

If you are anxious for an update you can get them from xdadevelopers, ppcgeeks and pdaphonehome.com   I'm running 6.5 build 23081 (much newer than the build released on most 6.5 phones) on my HTC Touch and it doesn't have any sprint crapware or restrictions on it.   It might be a teensy bit more complex to upgrade depending on whose self made firmware you chose but I can tell you this, most popular updates are far better tested and reliable than the outdated ones you can get from sprint.  On top of that I have one of the newest HTC Touchflo menus which has improved significantly beyond the ones released for most firmware updates.

Just make sure you are in the right section for your particular device.  Even though my phone is much older than yours, I've been running various 6.5 builds since March or so.   Also remember all firmware updates will completely erase EVERYTHING on your phone - any apps you've added, any pictures, text messages etc.

Frankly I don't recommend the official Sprint firmware updates as they typically have many issues that should have been discovered during beta testing, the beta testing takes so long that the updates are outdated and you sometimes get Sprint crapware which may just slow down your phone.

Master

Tired of waiting for 6.5 to be made available until sometime next year?

Unlocker tools are now available for the Touch Pro2. The unlocker will allow you to unlock your phone and enable you to install the ROM of your choice. So you can download a ROM that HTC already made available, download a custom rom from XDA or PPC-Geeks or start cooking your own ROM for the Touch Pro2.

Unlocker available here.

--

Journeyman

hi, i tried the link you posted and it work, everything on the phone works perfect, the only thing is that i'm unable to use sprint tv, is says unable to authorized user. Is there anything else that has to be done? Thanks in advanced.

Master

If you have upgraded your ROM to a 6.5, do a search for Calkulin SprintTV. He released a CAB that fixes the issue for several different ROM's.

--

Journeyman

Looks like it may be out tomorrow, March 19. Let's keepour fingers crossed!

http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/03/18/htc-touch-pro2-on-sprint-windows-mobile-6-5-update-tomorro...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat