cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 phone and Sprint not happening soon.

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Windows 8 phone and Sprint not happening soon.

I looked, personally I think this is where Sprint excels. Their packages, especially for family, are outstanding. Also, don't forget the news:

(Reuters) - Japanese mobile operator Softbank Corp said it will buy about 70 percent of Sprint Nextel Corp for $20.1 billion , giving Softbank the American toehold it has long desired and Sprint the capital to expand its network and potentially buy peers.

Sprint is probably cash poor right now. I'm in a similar position as the previous poster, my whole family (Uncles, Aunts, etc...) are waiting on me to make my decision about staying. I'm betting once Sprint gets money (Apple doesn't pay) they will grab up some of the cool Windows phones... I'm hoping for a small form factor. Getting tired of the giant screens.

Journeyman

Just to balance out the previous poster .. I am looking for a GIANT screen WP8, like the Nokia 920. I am tired of trying to do work on a small screen!

Journeyman

I also like a HUGE screen.  I have the Evo right now, and wouldn't mind my screen being a bit bigger.  I have said a couple of times on here that I'm going to the Windows 8X, but my regret is that I will lose some screen size from what I have right now.

Journeyman

I refuse to upgrade my phone unless it's a windows 8 phone. I'm done with you sprint if you cannot provide this option for me

Journeyman

I'm in the same boat as everyone else.  Have been with Sprint for 13 years.  Unlike all those Android and iPhone users, I have been a smart phone user for about 9 years.  Having owned two Windows based Treos and now my HTC Arrive.  Before the smartphones were avaialable I owned a Dell Axim with Windows CE and before that an HP Jornada Pocket PC.  So I have been using pocket PCs and Windows phones for about 13 years.  I was relatively happy with my Treos and I love my Arrive.  I dont know how people could not see that the Windows Phone is the easiest, most intuitive smart phone ever.  There was no learning curve.  I picked it up and ran with it.  I will soon own either a Microsoft Surface (but will wait for the Pro) or some other Windows 8 Pro Tablet and I will upgrade my PC to Windows 8 within the next few weeks (already have an all-in-one touch screen PC, I planned ahead).  I would like to complete my Windows 8 ecosystem with a Windows 8 phone.  I dont need it immediately (although I would love to have it immediately) because I have some time left on my contract.  My Arrive will be 2 years old in March, I bought it the day it was released, sight unseen and never had a single regret.  Why Sprint has taken this idiotic stance when every other carrier has announced at least one Windows Smartphone and some have annouced 2 or 3 is beyond me.  Maybe they will jump on board when the Windows Surface Phone is revealed.  But I am sick of Sprint store employees trying to shove crap androids down my throat (worst smart phone ever and most non-intuitive user interface ever devised on any device) and now iPhones.  Sprint wonders why Windows 7 didnt do well.  Lets think: you only offered one choice (which I actually loved, but not everybody wanted a keyboard), your useless store employees were uninformed and uneducated, the same employees tried to force EVOs down everybody's throat.  Gee, I wonder why WP7 didnt work for them...   iPhones are very beautiful toys (although really dont like the new form factor on the 5), but they are nothing more than toys to me.  They have no productivity usage whatsoever.  iPhones are simple to use, but simple does not necessarily equate with easy (wait, scroll scroll scroll scroll, finger getting tired scroll, scroll).  So, if sometime between my phone's contract expiration and my wife's (also an Arrive but a few months later) Sprint doesnt announce a Windows 8 Phone, then I will leave and go to AT&T most likely, after 13 loyal years with Sprint along with my wife's phone and the phone we will soon buy for our daughter.  At some point, the unlimited data price loses its appeal and that happens when they try to force me to use an Android (wont ever happen) and I really dont want an iPhone.

Journeyman

I've been with Sprint for over 10 years, Nextel since uhhhh well a long time (years and years) before that. I have 3 lines with Sprint right now and until this whole hate on Windows Phone debacle I've never really thought of leaving them. OK they don't hate the phone I don't really believe that, they simply could care less either way about it. Couple that with the line of bull when they added the $10.00 fee for each smartphone line (just tell the truth and stick with one story please and i'd be fine paying it)..... well now I really don't care, I'm just waiting for my contract to expire and windows phone 8 to end up on other carriers and i'm jumping ship with no regrets. My 10+ years and three lines will be going to greener pastures.... will you even notice I've gone Sprint? I doubt it. The only way in the world I'd be staying with Sprint at this point is if they kissed my butt for change instead of ignoring me and my phone after they get my monthly fee. Now I know that's not going to happen, so yeah i'm pretty much out. I figure going to a diff. carrier with faster speeds (but using my wifi as I do at home) I'll still be able to keep within the contract bandwidth and heck I might even enjoy my phones internet and pay a little less for it who knows.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The time has come and gone for Sprint; if they were going to announce a Windows 8 phone they would have done it by now. Best Buy just released their pricing on the Nokia and HTC today, and as so as they come out at AT&T I will we there.

Journeyman

I have the EVO Shift, HATED!!! After 12yrs with Sprint, Im, too, considering the switch to another carrier (even if it cost more). Just tired of being ignored by the people I pay to offer me a service... WE PAY THEM for the service, and they DO NOT care... Does anyone here feels lik hanging outside a Sprint store for a few hours with a big "I want a Windows phone" sign??? Maybe we just need to try somthing like this, flash mobs. ;-). Drive by the store overnight and hang signs outside, pick one day and have as many people as possible calling customer service and showing up at the stores asking for Windows phones... Who is in??

Journeyman

lol... just purchase the new Windows Surface... how the heck can you work on a 4" screen anyway, please let me have a different form factor 🙂

Journeyman

Been with Sprint 12 years, contract up last August, moving to Windows 8 phone, looks like moving carriers.

Journeyman

Amazing. I started this post and was simply hoping to get people aware the Sprint had no plans of getting Windows Phone 8 anytime soon, in the hopes people would exprerss their concerns and Sprint would listn. I emailed dan@sprint.com and spoke with representative. over 23,000 views on this thread, hundreds of post of loyal more than 10 year customers leaving due to this lack of support and still nothing from SPRINT! As people stated, they don't care... they are going with the motions of just staying alive and don't care about those who have been there for so long.

A true shame on a company. Many of us who leave will look back and be like that is when Sprint lost, as we watch them slowly fade into the distance of what once was a respectable company.

So sorry to see. I'm ready to get my WP8 and will be only looking forward not back.

http://androidheadlines.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/sprint-fail-540x311.jpg

Journeyman

Sprint put out a poll for phone preferences,  Make sure you vote for the Windows OS

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat