Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 phone and Sprint not happening soon.

Go to solution
Journeyman

Windows 8 phone and Sprint not happening soon.

SPRINT,

The rumor is that Sprint has already set its line up on phone and does not plan on getting Windows 8 phone in the near future. I hope this is false. Why windows phones have been behind, the new windows 8 phone will be great new phone. Windows have currently taken over RIM in phone and will look to match iOS soon. I for one am very excited about the Windows 8 phone and am waiting to get this phone. Since I am at the end of my contract I will consider making the switch to a provider that can provide the phone. I may not be the high majority but I'm sure there are some other like myself.

Anybody share this feeling?

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=10909

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sprint-not-likely-to-offer-Windows-Phone-8-model-at-launch_id33068

Thanks

188 REPLIES 188
Journeyman

Can't hurt...there is now a signon petition...

Hopefully Sprint will (actually already has and we just haven't heard about it...) make the right decision. I sent Dan@sprint an email in the same vein and got a nice response. Unfortunately it was naysaying the Windows 8 experience at Sprint in any current fashion, but i was to be assured that execs were looking into it.

In the meantime, I signed the petition:

Subject: Windows Phone 8 @ Sprint

Hi,

I signed a petition to Sprint Executive Board which says:

"VOTE for Sprint to start carrying Windows Phone 8 and it's flagship phones! Sign this petition to cast your vote!"

Will you sign this petition? Click here:

http://signon.org/sign/windows-phone-8-sprint?source=s.em.cp&r_by=5907632

Thanks!

Figure it can't hurt.

Journeyman

Well with Sprint going to Apple to get the Iphone and paying over 20 billion (yes folks that's 20 billion) and has told apple they would sell 30 million Iphones I think they would try to push the Iphone.  On top of that they won't break even until 2014.  So is Sprint going to get the Windows phone 8.  I'd say not soon unless it's sales are great and match the Iphone.  Then I think someone at the top of Sprint will be doing the face palm and kicking thereself in teh ass going why oh why.  So is Sprint going to get the Windows phone soon.  I think not.  Me as much as I hate to say it AT&T or verizon are starting to look good.  I've been with Sprint for over 14 years and it's said I have to move to a different mobile service but I guess all things have to end.

Journeyman

Couldn't talk on my Sprint phone tonight for interference.  We finally gave up after multiple disconnections.

Went today and looked in person at the Windows 8X and Nokia 920 phones.  Both are beautiful devices with good specs.  I hate to say it, but I am going to put AT&T into the list of carriers that I am considering.  The Nokia 920 is a really nice device.

My whole family will have one of these two phones and we'll be with another carrier by the end of this week.

Journeyman

Its really too bad.  Sprint has the ability to capitalize on the hatred that alot of people have with the other two companies.

Being a "me too" company is no way to distinguish Sprint from the other two.  Sprint sold its sole (or soul if you want to get picky ;-)) for the iphone.  They drank the kool-aid that is the iphone.  Kind of like when Harley Davidson became the big thing in motorcycles (I ride ;-)).  Everybody wanted a Harley ( I ride a Honda). 

The other phone hardware companies have caught up with more powerful phones; but leaving a hardware company in charge of the os on the phone is a mistake.  Apple realized this.  Google is starting to get the idea.  Microsoft now knows this.

I have been using Windows 8 on my laptop for months and love it.  I have a windows 7 HTC phone and love it.  The Windows 8 interface is new and easy to use.  My daughters, however have iphones.  They love having what all their friends are using.  I would rather have the Win phone.  Iphones are consistant and pretty.  They don't offer much after the intial experience.  I will never have a Mac, so i can't see using itunes and all the apple software.  Thousands of extra apps are not

Microsoft is creating a better, more complete ecosystem that Apple tried to create with the iphone and ipad.  Google will not have anything close to that anytime soon.  Sprint has made a mistake not offering the WinPhone 8 at launch.  Sprint customers are not able to take advantage of the specials being offered by Microsoft and their new OS.  We are losing money because of Sprint's choices.  That is bad business.

I hope Sprint does something smart now that it has a new influx of cash.  One idea would be to be the first to market the new Microsoft Surface phone when it comes out.  This would distinguish Sprint from the pack.

Sprint signed an agreement to sell the iphone from Apple.  Why shouldn't they sign an agreement directly with Microsoft?  It seems they would get a better deal since Microsoft is playing catchup.

Bottom line.........I want the windows phone 8 ASAP.

Journeyman

I'm a "long-time" customer as well.  Really loyal to the Windows OS and want a W8 phone BAD.  My patience is running out with Sprint.  Only reason I'm still here is a family plan (college kid) it would be traumatic to change while away....but Summer?  Not so traumatic.

Here's the deal.  Sprint to launch a thin W8 phone w/o the heavy slider keyboard is a no brainer.  Just do it!

Journeyman

Just wanted to say that I made the jump on Friday and got 2 920s plus free wireless charging stations. WOW I'm so gald I made the jump. I paid the ETFs and it was worth it.

I got one and my wife got one. She has never been so happy with a phone in the last 12 years of owning phones. I am extremly pleased.

I actually went with a family share plan instead of the mobile share and it was less expensive for me. Unlimited data many times is over-hyped. Check your plan, how much data do you really use. I'm on wifi at work and home.

On the boarder of making the jump, you won't be dissappointed.

Journeyman

tempehman wrote:

Being a "me too" company is no way to distinguish Sprint from the other two.  Sprint sold its sole for the iphone.  They drank the kool-aid that is the iphone.  Kind of like when Harley Davidson became the big thing in motorcycles (I ride ;-)).  Everybody wanted a Harley ( I ride a Honda). 

Sole?  What will they walk on!!  LOL j/k I think you meant soul

Anyways I am in the same boat as you I want a Windows 8 phone ASAP!!

I went to Sprint store yesterday to play with the new Optimus G android phone Sprint just released.  I was not impressed at all.  Build quality of phone was crap as the device felt cheap, flimsy, and like a childs toy.  Since I am due for an upgrade the sales reps spent made a good effort to get me to upgrade but I told them no dice until Sprint has a Windows 8 phone.

Journeyman

Yep,

Tried so hard to make a point without a spelling issue! 😞  Not an epic fail, but a fail.

Microsoft really needs to step up its advertising of Windows Phone 8. 

I believe the Surface Phone will be a reality.  I only hope Sprint sees an opportunity.

Journeyman

I was getting ready to shut down Sprint. I even have my Airave signal booster boxed up ready to send back to Sprint. Now Sprint is announcing Windows 8 phones in 2013 so I may just wait a few more months to see what happens. If I leave now, I will owe a hefty early termination fee. I was going to go with Verizon, who has the best coverage, but is also the greediest carrier. SPRINT, you owe me big time, I have stuck with you through many mistakes like having the wrong technology with the 4g. I am paying a 4g price for 3g service with my Arrive but I love the phone.

Journeyman

http://allthingsd.com/20121113/sprint-says-lte-equipped-windows-phones-are-coming-but-not-until-next...

seems there are more signs of life from Sprint... Wonder what part of next year, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th quarter... this one is hoping for 1st1

Journeyman

I am willing to wait until Christmas for Sprint to announce some launch dates. 

If I hear nothing by Christmas or if they announce devices wont be coming out 1st quarter 2013 then I am leaving.

As usual the geniouses in charge at Sprint are late to the party.  At least there is hope starting next year when Softbank takes over, maybe they will can the morons in charge at Sprint and reverse a trend of bad decisions.

Journeyman

If you're going to sarcastically call them "geniuses", I suggest you spell the word right.

I went to the mobile store today (my second visit), played with the Nokia 920 and the Windows 8X.  Both are excellent phones, although I will give the edge to the Nokia 920.

I'm not waiting for a possible WP8 device next year, with no hint of what model it might be.  My fling with Sprint is over within the next week.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat