cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 phone and Sprint not happening soon.

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Windows 8 phone and Sprint not happening soon.

I know these guys monitor these discussions. I just wish someone would get on here and just tell us something. Good or bad. In the past I have seen comments that look to be from employees of some kind.

Journeyman

ok I am going to take a shot at actually giving the original poster an answer.

NO. THERE WILL BE NO WINDOWS PHONES ON SPRINT THIS YEAR.

ok now can I have the points

Journeyman

I have been with Sprint for 14 years this November and if there is no Windows Phone 8 by the end of the year, I will be done with Sprint.  I want the Nokia Lumia 920.  Tired of waiting on Sprintfor a Windows Phone other than the Arrive.  Its too bad too because I really like Sprint and have recommended my many friends and extended family here.  Lack of Windows Phone 8 is not catering to the customers but rather catering to Apple and their 15+Billion dollar commitment.  Not right.

Journeyman

I've had sprint for 6 years now thats a long time for me to give up but I guess now its time to move on to bigger and better companies. I have recommended sprint to my family and friends too that will stop. I will never own a andriod or apple product in my life again. I want the WP8 phone, tablet and new computer with windows 8. Window computers is what I used my whole life I want everything I own to be made with windows. I like windows computers and i'm really good at using them. I've been wating for windows to shine. I knew it would of been a matter of time so time to cut all ties and get what I've been waitng for.

Journeyman

Wow - this is upsetting.  I, too, have been waiting anxiously to upgrade our phones to Win8.  We use Microsoft products for all our computers, and I am tired of having my ipad, nook and telephone sync only with patches and various work around's that work "most of the time".  Like others, I'm a long time Sprint customer, since before 1998, that is just as far as my Quicken records take me to check.  I hate to make a change, Sprint has been good to work with.  But not enough to overcome this obstacle. 

You know, if they don't want to make an investment in hardware, they can just give a rebate to customers who purchase the hardware from Best Buy, Radio Shack or Frys.  That way they wouldn't get burned, but their customers could get what then want.  What doesn't work with that arrangement?

Journeyman

Yeah, I wish it were possible on Sprint to just go and buy an unlocked cell phone from anywhere and activate it on Sprint. Trouble is that Sprint is on a 'locked' CDMA radio network and does not use SIM cards, so there is not way to 'unlock' a Sprint phone really.  The term 'unlocked phone' actually refers to the unlocked SIM card slot on a GSM phone (AT&T, TMobile, etc).  If the phone is unlocked, then it will allow ANY sim card from any network, but again since Sprint doesn't use SIM cards it would not work.  Technically... it 'is' possible to use another CDMA carrier's (Verizon, US Cellular, MetroPCS, etc) phone on Sprint, but only if you know how to hack into the phone's internal programming and REALLY know what you're doing.  Actually most of the in-store technicians at Sprint or Verizon aren't even knowledgable enough to do this, so good luck! 

Journeyman

I am also looking forward to the Lumia 920 my contract is over in a few months.  If sprint does not carry it I will be jumping to another carrier.

Journeyman

I have been patiently waiting for windows 8 across all platforms. I may have to purchase my W8 professional hybrid tablet first instead of the phone. I, too, am tired of patches that don't work fully and really depend on my phone more than any other device for recording appointments, checking calendar, skype, phone, some text messaging and answering emails on the go aside from internet, GPS, information gathering and entertainment. I have never had full outlook and office sync even with upgrades from HTC and Sprint. I have tried the Google cloud with same results and have had slightly better results with MS Office 365 cloud. My personal W8 phone choice at this point is the Nokia 920. They are hanging alot on this and the 820 and appear to be going the extra mile to make these feature rich in areas available only on their phones and will probably be offered at a great introductory price point to help them regain market share. I have nursed my  Evo 4G along for 2 years now and have my wife and daughter on HTC Arrives with W7.5 and love using them. W7.8 should bring them closer to the W8 phone experience. I may have to consider changing carriers as well in December or January. If sprint offered the 920 after the WPhone 8 launch at the end of October, I will be in line with the rest of you for the phone and wait on the tablet! How about it Sprint - ante up for your loyal customers!

Journeyman

I love everything about Sprint, EXCEPT THE APPEARANCE THAT THEY ARE PREPARED TO TOTALLY IGNORE WINDOWS PHONE 8!  And, yes I know that I was shouting.

Journeyman

AT&T will have 4G LTE in Charleston, SC by the end of November according to the carrier. In analyzing my data and phone use I found alot of my internet use occurs where I am connected to WiFi so my data use is not as great as I thought over 3G or 4G. There is no official anouncement from AT&T on the Nokia 920 yet but the sales staff at the store I visited indicated it wasn't far from coming. My employer's discount also applies at AT&T. Where our additional expense will occur is with a new primary line cost as with Sprint we are maxed out with family shared lines. Come on Sprint, give us a reason to stay or at least answer this thread and give us some encouragement! My contract ends 12/1 at which time I will move to AT&T if Sprint doesn't do something.

Journeyman

3,000 views and still nothing from Sprint. Look how many people already are looking on bailing on Sprint, then there's another 3,000 that this thread has drawn insterest on. How can they just ignore this. SPRINT, are you there? Do You care?

You have most users saying they would stay with Sprint if they could just get some type of answer, and you give nothing! How many of those 3,000 views are also thinking about the same thing. They want to leave as well due to this, but they just don't reply.

If you have viewed but not replied, please do. VOICE YOUR WORDS. Let SPRINT KNOW. They are gogingot be missing something HUGE here.

Journeyman

Once agian how bad I hate andriod I don't even know why they call them smart phones. They should be called stupid phones I hate androiod so much right now my phone just locked up on me. I Think this is the 3rd Galaxy s 2 I owned. what a big waste of plastic. I need a WP8 thats my last resort.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat