cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 phone and Sprint not happening soon.

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Windows 8 phone and Sprint not happening soon.

Yeah I really wish Sprint would carrier a new Windows 8 phone... I think there is a large market out there for people! My contact is almost up and I would really like to get a new windows 8 phone... I hope they announce some thing soon!

Journeyman

Windows phone 7 wouldve done better if sprint actually cared to put money into offering more variety of the best mobile os currently but sadly the iphone and android current numbers make them just see dollar signs instead of giving customers what they want. sadly windows phone 8 wont come to sprint til probably february with only one device just like windows phone 7 and again sprint will lose customers til they finally realize iphone and android devices arent worth all the hype in the end. Also for only $30 more for the amount of lines i have i can get mobile hot spot access and access to new phones with AT&T so sprint get your head out of the clouds with the current hypes get some good devices or continue to disappoint customers into wanting to leave your service

Journeyman

Sprint is behind the power curve when it jumped on the Iphone ban wagging and it has a chance to be one of the leaders with WP8. Once WP8 drops i'm leaving sprint because they are not in tune with their customers. Even though Sprint has the best plans whats the use of having the best plans if you dont have the phones customers want?

Journeyman

maur-ice81 wrote:

Sprint is behind the power curve when it jumped on the Iphone ban wagging and it has a chance to be one of the leaders with WP8. Once WP8 drops i'm leaving sprint because they are not in tune with their customers. Even though Sprint has the best plans whats the use of having the best plans if you dont have the phones customers want?

Or a network to support them. I am at my wits end having to try and operate on possibly the worst 3g network in existense. LTE couldn't come soon enough and their phone line is as sad as can be. Bring on WP8 PLEASE!

Journeyman

I'm unfortunately gonna have to pile on with everyone else here.  I really reallly REALLY tried to give Sprint the benefit of the doubt here as I've been a Sprint customer for years, but today I just got home and finished catching up on yet another major Windows Phone 8 event (the HTC annoucement) and the carriers slated yet again to have these phones are AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile.....no Sprint anywhere to be found.  At this point, I'm just exhausted of waiting on Sprint to get onboard with this OS and give me some options.  Samsung, Nokia, and now HTC are really going to be putting out some hot WP8 units and I mean even T-Mobile is getting these devices....T-Mobile, aka "the little carrier that could"!  It's almost comical that Sprint is not giving us any options with this OS, but I'm NOT laughing.  Come October when Microsoft has its Windows 8/Windows Phone 8 event if I don't hear or see Sprint's name, I'm leaving.  Even though my contract isn't up until January, I'll perfectly willing to break it to move.  I'm just tired Sprint....so very very tired. 

Journeyman

Luckly the fee for breaking your contract will be pretty small at that point ^_^.  No one would blame you!  If I wasn't hosed until next year I would do the same.  Oh yeah, and hopefulyl this doesn't anger you further.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4MsEFUlCZY&sns=fb  These things look SO nice.

Journeyman -U-
Journeyman

Couldn't agree more.  I've been with Sprint 10+ years and was waiting for WP8 more to re-up my contract.  Extremely disappointed and, for the first time, seriously considering leaving as I don't want IPhone or Android and Sprint is leaving me no other choice but go elsewhere.

Journeyman

Ladies and gents:

I'm in the same boat as most of you.  I can't believe Sprint is not jumping at the opportunity to add more costumers to their network.It feels like wp8 is getting a lot of momentum and I hope it's for the best. Right now I have an EVO 3D (an EVO 4G previously), but I'm ready to try something new and the iPhone 5 is not it..  The Nokia Lumia 920 is a sweet phone and wp8 looks awesome.  Sprint, please do your job to keep your customers happy and offer different choices.  If i'm not wrong you only offer 1 windows phone and it's nothing exciting.  I'm also considering leaving Sprint for AT&T or Verizon.  I've been a customer for 12+ years but unless you start offering new and exciting choices like the Nokia Lumia 920 or the HTC 8X I might have to leave Sprint behind and try something new.

Journeyman

And the one WP7 they do/did have is no longer supported and not even listed on the site.  So they basically have no Windows Phone.

Journeyman

Just came from the AT&T site where I was pricing data share plans for my 6 smartphone lines.  Wanted to see the chatter concerning Windows Phone 8 here in the forums.  Heading to the Verizon site to price data share plans next.  This is really disheartening that Sprint is silent on the WP8 lineup.  I moved from Verizon to Sprint a little less than two years ago to get the HTC Arrive.  We have 6 of them.  I have been disappointed with the support for updates that Sprint has provided but these have been very serviceable devices for us.

I am diving head first into the Microsoft ecosystem, from Hotmail (now Outlook) for personal email to Office 365 for corporate email to Xbox for gaming to a full Intel based Windows 8 tablet (typing this post on my Samsung Series 7 tablet running Windows 8) for portable computing to Skydrive for cloud based personal storage to Zune Pass for music streaming to my smartphone which ties all of the ecosystem components together.

If Sprint is not going to offer a smartphone that plays well in my ecosystem then I have to move on.  I have been excitedly waiting for the buildout of Network Vision in my area.  It's happening now.  But the network does me no good if I can't get to my ecosystem with the smartphones offered by Sprint.

So I'm off to Verizon.com to price data share plans.  Hoping that Sprint gets their WP8 plans out before I pull the trigger on a carrier switch.  Just know this Sprint...Network Vision could be the best network ever and the only unlimited data network on the planet.  If I can't live in my Microsoft ecosystem, it will be useless to me. 

Journeyman

I am seriously disappointed with their decision. I've been with Sprint since '98 and love my Arrive, however, as my contract comes up in November I will likely be jumping ship. With no WP8 device in the foreseeable future, I can't justify staying with them. Not when there are some seriously nice devices on the horizon on other carriers.

Journeyman

Sprint get a Windows 8 phone quickly because I am not waiting past the end of this year.

I have always wondered how coporations continue to be run by idiots and fail.  Sprint is the perfect example of why I wonder this; one stupid decision after the other with no sight of changing direction.

1. Keep your 3G network on an overloaded slow backhaul for years and only finally decide to do something about it after 4G is already becoming the new standard.

2. Choose WiMax as your 4G tech and then watch it fail when it was technically inferior to LTE and should have never been used in the first place.

3. Wait 3 years too late to join the iPhone party then decide to jump in once the market is saturated; also sign contracts with Apple having to pay them insane amounts of money you dont have.

4. Never support the Windows Phone platform properly.  Offer 1 (or 2) WP 7 device that is a piece of garbage then choose not to offer any WP8 devices at all.

5. (this is still rumor so who knows) Choose to support a new "Firefox" mobile OS.  W T F???????  The market is already saturated with mobile phone os's and its clear who the players are and who is going to die off.  We are already saw HP/Palm, Symbian die and are watching Blackberry die a slow death and you want to support another new OS??

S T U P I D

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat