cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 phone and Sprint not happening soon.

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Windows 8 phone and Sprint not happening soon.

I'm very interested in the new windows phone being released this fall. My contract is up in November and will not hesitate to switch carriers. I have been a loyal sprint customer for over 17 yrs and have been pleased with the service they offer but deeply concerned with their inability to adapt to new technology. I sometimes think companies are more concerned about getting new customers instead of retaining the ones they currently have!

Wizard

Dan Hesse gives you a personal response, and that's not good enough? It's an understatement to say you're hard to please. To get some perspective, here's an opinion piece that points out Microsoft's terrible track record with mobile. If I were running the show, I'd buy a lottery ticket before I'd invest in a partnership with Microsoft this year.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/884061-microsoft-blew-it-with-windows-mobile-and-windows-phone

Journeyman

BTW, perhaps you didn't see the letter from Dan Hesse was signed by Melanie H.

Journeyman

@mavka: To say that this SeekingAlpha article is "an opinion piece" is like saying that either National Review magazine or Mother Jones magazine tends to favor a political party.

The author of this article discloses that he is long on Apple, meaning he stands to profit if Apple stock goes up. Other Saibus Research articles reveal a deep bias in favor of Apple and against Microsoft. They are entitled to their opinion, but I think you should try considering other sources before you dismiss Microsoft based on this. There are certainly as many articles heralding the new phones as a welcome relief to the overhyped Apple phones or the confusing mess of Android phones, not to mention their potential appeal to businesses struggling with BYOD issues.

Journeyman

I couldn't agree more! Everyone has an opinion and bias it seems. Even sales people at Verizon and Sprint retail stores I have talked to in the last week have been strongly polarized away from WP8 and tried to discourage me away. Didn't work!!! We have had great results with our 2 HTC Arrives running 7.5 and look forward to ugrading to 7.8. I have waited too long for full compatability in my Windows/Office eco-structure and now that it is in reach I am determined to get it even if it means having to pay early disconnect fees on 3 of 5 devices. I have been with Sprint for about 8 years or more and have 5 devices and for the most part been very satisfied. My primary phone will go off contract 12/01/12 at which time I will consider taking all 5 to a new carrier. I have also been paying $10 extra times 4 devices and waiting patiently for just over 2 years for 4G coverage in Charleston, SC and in the mean time both Verizon and T-Moble have provided that to our market. SPRINT - we deserve a response!!! I would like to stay with you!

Journeyman

@mavka works for Sprint in some form as he is part of SprintDigital.

Wizard

Yes, that opinion piece is written by some guys that are long on Apple. A wise man would certainly take his own advice.

And yes, haldiggs, while I'm not a Sprint employee, I regularly provide consulting service to Sprint. I own Sprint stock. I have five Sprint phones: three iPhones, one Android (mine), and one feature phone. I also have one Sprint Android 3G/4G tablet. And I'm dying to get a WP8 device. Full disclosure.

Journeyman

I stand corrected, sort of.

Wizard

I used to have a Blackberry Curve on the account, which would give me one of just about everything. Talk about a worst case test subject!

Journeyman

I sent an e-mail to Dan@Sprint.com and supposedly there is team of representatives that answers all of Dan Hesse's e-mail since there are so many flooding his inbox everyday.  She called and spoke with me about it and said she would do her best to get my suggestion about a least making some sort of availability announcement in ASAP.  Here is her e-mail reply below after our phone conversation.

..........................................................................................................................

Thank you for taking the time out to speak with me today.  Per our conversation, I understand you are interested in Sprint carrying the Windows 8 device and offered a suggestion that an announcement should at

least be provided to indicate the decision for customer satisfaction.  

I apologize again for the inconvenience this has caused.  I understand that the availability of a Windows 8 device on Sprint weighs a great impact on your decision to remain with Sprint.  As advised it is not in our interest to lose your business as valued Sprint customer. 

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be forwarded to the appropriate group for further review.  This gives us the opportunity to be aware of what interests and suggestions our customers have.  Thank you again.  You confirmed there are no other outstanding billing, equipment or coverage issues on the account at this time.  If you have any questions or concerns in the future feel free to contact us again. I can be reached at 757-223-3230 Tuesday through Thursday 11am-8pm and Friday 11am-3pm EST or you can reply to this email.

Thank you for choosing Sprint we value your business and appreciate the opportunity to answer your questions. Please reply to this email or visit sprint.com if we can be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Karen W. (Dan@Sprint.com representative)

(757)223-3230

Sprint

Journeyman

I bet if everyone in here sent an e-mail to DAN@SPRINT.COM and then followed-up with speaking with them on the phone when they call the same or next day to talk to you about it, then it would help a lot more than continuing to post in these threads.  I say this because the rep I spoke with even admitted to me that she had never seen these threads and 'thanked' me for bringing them to her teams attention.  Um... WTF?

Anyways, when they call you, it will come up as 'PRIVATE' on your cell phone. Which means in your e-mail you need to leave your phone and/or account number, so they can get back in touch with you and 'know' that you are with Sprint.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO FLOOD DAN'S E-MAIL INBOX WITH THESE WP8 CONCERNS.  IT'S THE ONLY WAY WE HAVE A FIGHTING CHANCE OF GETTING WP8 BY LAUNCH IN THE NEXT MONTH!!!

YOU CAN OBVIOUSLY ALSO CALL UP KAREN DIRECTLY AND SPEAK WITH HER, THEREFORE SKIPPING THE E-MAIL STEP IF YOU PREFER VIA THE NUMBER IN MY PREVIOUS POST.

Journeyman

I wrote dan@sprint.com. I also got a call back from a support representative. I don't think that this email actually ever gets to Dan, or that they had to set up a special team to deal with it.

I spoke to the support representative at length, and gave her an earful. Mostly, I tried to get across the point that Sprint's unwillingness to even make an acknowledgement entry on this forum, even only to say something to the effect of "... we have been monitoring this forum, and we regret that we can't respond with any announcement at this time..." is actually sending an implicit message of "it doesn't matter that much if a lot of longtime accounts leave us, even though we think you all would be happier if you would stay with us and just get an iPhone or Android."

I believe the purpose of dan@sprint.com is only to address this: "outstanding billing, equipment or coverage concerns." That is the same statement in the above two emails, plus the email that I got from my representative. I'm pretty sure that statement is there for legal reasons, because Sprint will want to demonstrate in a lawsuit that they a) have a means to address legitimate account complaints and b) that the customer acknowledges that there are no outstanding account complaints.

I seriously doubt that the non-account issues sent to dan@sprint.com will ever be forwarded to marketing or, even more unlikely, the executives or board of directors.

She actually suggested that I should consider getting an iPhone or Android, as though there really isn't a significant difference. Maybe for some people, that's true.

And, maybe that is Sprint's position. Phones are just phones, and the OS doesn't matter that much. Maybe, really, the vast majority of people don't really care, so long as they can play Angry Birds and share photos on Instagram.

If that's Sprint's position, then I think they are wrong. Perhaps I'm wrong. Only time will tell.

At any rate, it will be worth an Early Termination Fee of $100 (the minimum, as I'm nearing the end of my contract anyway) to get a Windows Phone 8 sooner rather than whenever...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat