cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 phone and Sprint not happening soon.

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Windows 8 phone and Sprint not happening soon.

Well, I'm sorry if I offended you, but I stand by my statement. So, you're saying that YOU bothered to educate yourself and offered all of the devices available. Not just the iThing and the one Droid out of the 30 that Sprint offers that all of the cool kids are carrying? You didn't refer to the Windows Phone that was in the dark corner, covered in cobwebs by saying "Oh. You don't want THAT phone. Everybody returns it. Have you looked at the iThing? All of the cool kids are carrying them?" Well, good for you. But 97% of your colleagues are still clueless!  Sprint's responsibility is to make sure that all of their sales personnel are educated on ALL of the products that they choose to offer for sale and that all customers are informed of those options. Sprint has done an awful job of making that happen!  And Sprint has also been slow to offer the latest technologies available to their customers! As much as I despise AT&T and swore I would never go back (but then, my experience with them was BS.Mobility, so maybe that's not fair), at least they offer ALL technologies to their customers and let their CUSTOMERS decide what they want to carry! Same with Verizon, and T-Mob.

As to your conjecture that "I see you have enver worked retail before" .. you could not be more wrong! I started my career in retail. I moved up to team management, and then to regional manager of sales of my corporation because I apparently knew what I was doing!  At store level, I had the highest sales in the region. At regional level, my region was always among the top three (and often #1) in the nation. I then earned a Masters in Marketing and then moved on to starting my own consulting business that works with some major corporations. All I can tell you is that my experience in Sprint stores has been nothing short of abysmal! Thankfully, I have rarely needed to go into a Sprint store!

Journeyman

I have been a sprint customer for 11 years. I have 2 lines. I am sick of android. Its a terrible operating system.  I need an ecosystem and the ONLY reason I have had an android phone was because it was not Apple.  I have serious issues with Apple as a company that I do not need to go into here.

I do all of my work on Windows. Therefor I need my phone, tablet, and computer to all be in the same ecosystem. I am very excited for windows 8. I will buying a surface tablet later this month. If I do not see a Windows phone that is even decent I will be buying out my 2nd contract as my 1st expires in december. I will be jumping ship from sprint.  Its bad enough I pay 10 dollars a month (forced to because of the device I have) for 4G coverage that I never get. It's been a long ride sprint but I believe it is time to say goodbye.

Journeyman

I do really hope Sprint would listen to their customers and bring in some high-end Windows 8 phones. I have 5 lines with 2 of those no longer under contract. If they stick to only Android and iOS phones, then I will bring my business to another carrier as I'm sick of Android and, to paraphrase DP667, I have serious issues with Apple as a company that I will never buy their products.

Windows 8 is great! Been running it on all my computers since RTM and I can't wait to tie all my phones to the same ecosystem.

Journeyman

4 members of my family are about to jump the "sprint ship" if Win 8 is not offered my Nov 1st. Multiply that by millions who want what they want...

Journeyman

6 members of my family are about to jump the "sprint ship" if Win Phone 8 is not offered on Sprint by Nov 1st.  I am in negotiation with several Craigslist posters to purchase either an HTC Titan II or Nokia Lumia 900 LTE phone so that I can sign up for service and test drive the AT&T LTE network where we use it most.  If it works for us at our homes, work locations and we see equivalent or fewer dropped calls we will pay the ETFs and bolt for the Lumia 920.

I studied our last few billing statements from Sprint and determined that we are using a combined 1.7GB of data per month for 6 phones on the Sprint network.  I can only surmise that our data usage is so low because we can't really do anything on our phones using Sprint's terrible network.  The only time we can really utilize the power of our phones is through our home WiFi connections.

Furthermore, I have studied the new AT&T data share plans and determined that I will pay about the same, or a little less, when I switch to AT&T with a 10GB per month shared data plan (unlimited minutes and texts).  I guess our data usage could spike if the AT&T network works well and we can actually stream music, etc. on our Lumia 920s but I am willing to take the plunge to find out.

Journeyman

I have been with Sprint for 14 years and have always been quite loyal to Sprint for some apparant reason.  In April, two of my three lines purchased the Nokia Lumia 900 and never have looked back.  I have stuck around hoping that Sprint will have Windows Phone 8 by the end of the year and still nothing.  I have an upgrade available to me and unfortunately I have reluctantly decided to also go to ATT for the Nokia Lumia 920.  I have never considered changing carriers however, the service has been great for the other two lines through ATT and they cater to me by having phones I want.  The truth is, ATT has always recieved the better phone in all my time with Sprint.  Sprint sat on the sidelines for 4 years while people were buying buying up iPhones.  Seems like history may repeat itself and I will not be around to watch it this time.  I will reevaluate my situation in a couple years.  I may/may not be back.

And for the HTC Arrive users... if only Sprint cared and upgraded the the software to the latest (AKA Mango MCR3) Like Verizon did with their HTC Trophy.  They added hotspot capability, among other fixes.  HTC Arrive has the 160 max text limit which no other Windows Phone ever had, after some time the MMS does not come through or is one allowed to send, minor other quirks.  I hope they can at least get Version 7.8 for their Arrives to keep them satisfied.  Hard to believe that the highest rated cell phone Spring has ever carried has been ignored by Sprint.  For Arrive users, let yur voice be heard (highly unlikely with Sprint but maybe they will atleast push 7.8) and select Community at the top of the page, smartphones, and sort by rating, then submit a review on the OS/Phone.

Journeyman

There is hope for the first half of 2013.

Ting, a smaller carrier, seems to say with great confidence (pretty much confirming it) that they will be carrying a Windows Phone 8 device in the first half of 2013. They say that to do so, Sprint will need to first, and from what their news update says, it's all but confirmed for H1 2013.

http://wmpoweruser.com/sprint-mvno-ting-promises-windows-phone-8-handsets-for-h1-2013/

https://ting.com/blog/device-update-new-refurbs-home-phone-connect-and-a-look-at-what-2013-will-brin...

My upgrade isn't for a while, but I'm hoping to see more news and announcements around this in the coming months. If this pans out, then I'll have a real reason to stay with Sprint. But depending on how things look over the next few months and in to 2013, I may still consider paying my ETF and switching to a carrier with WP8.

Journeyman

Agreed.  It so Sprint to not listen to their customers - and this is from their own website, their own data even.  All I've heard from David Owens is how much Sprint customers disliked the Arrive.  Ummm.... their own website says the exact opposite. 

Come on Sprint.  Listen listen listen - the cacophony is starting to crescendo towards a loud cry for WP8!

Venom01x wrote:

... Hard to believe that the highest rated cell phone Spring has ever carried has been ignored by Sprint.  For Arrive users, let yur voice be heard (highly unlikely with Sprint but maybe they will atleast push 7.8) and select Community at the top of the page, smartphones, and sort by rating, then submit a review on the OS/Phone.

Journeyman

You know its so funny, the actually loyalty that we in this communty show & support the Sprint network. Its like we are fighting a war showing our patriotism. All we ask in return is for a couple of Windows phones & not be shoveled an Apple or Android device down our throats. Instead we are treated like an unheard nobody without a purpose with money to spend. We have been stripped away of loyalty rights and our voices are falling on deaf ears.

Now with the purchase of the Sprint by Softbank who knows it may get better but it could get worse before that with all the bugs it has to work out. Well I have finally made a choice like most in this community.

Unless I see some of the very popular devices other than Apple & Android, I will begin rolling my devices (4 of them to be exact) to Verizon. They have until X-Mas season November 2012.

I have found out that Verizon Fios customers can save an additional 5% off their bill if they bundle with their home & 17% from employee related discount programs as well as 25 % on accessories.

That is close enough to Sprints 23% employee program & 25% on accessories.

I did the math and for my 4 lines & for $20 more I get 10 gb which is more than enough data or respectively $10 gives me 8 gb & I will pay the same for 6 gb which is also good. I didn't even go over 3 gb for the month on all my lines total.

After 12 plus years Sprint no longer cares about their loyal customers only there bottom line. It should be a balancing act.

FYI Softbank deal 20.1 billion. Shareholders get 12.1 Billion & the Company gets 8

It's hard to believe that Sprint can make a 15 million deal with Apple & not turn a profit till 2014 what were they smoking & make a 20.1 billion deal but can't make a lil deal to subsidize a coulpe of handsets its laughable.

Journeyman

Unless you have a specific reason that you have to stay with Sprint, it's time to let go, folks.  Like an old relative that is dying, its time is up and you've got to make peace with it.  They're not going to have a WP8 phone this year.  Who knows when they will.  I'm not waiting around until mid-2013 or even later to get some crappy second rate phone that is an afterthought.

T-Mobile is the first option that comes to mind.  The date for the Windows 8X phone was November 8, but has been moved to November 14.  Regardless, it's coming SOON.

Time to give up on Sprint.  They don't care about us.

Journeyman

I think I have to agree at this point.  I've been a loyal customer to sprint since 1996 and have never used another cellular carrier since then.  But, I'm fed up with them always being slow to deliver a Windows phone and then only a single model.  If they don't have one announced by launch, I will finally jump ship and go to a carrier who is able to deliver what the customers want.

Journeyman

I just got off the phone with Sprint CS. It will cost me $420 to break my contract for 3 lines.  I will wait util Jan 2013. By then it should be less than $400 to break my contracts. If no WP8 by then I am leaving with my 3 phones. I have been with Sprint since 1998. I have already started looking at AT&T and Verizon plans.  I hope I find something close to what I have. If anyone has any suggestion of a company that will have WP8 and have good price plans, please post it.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat