cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Mobile 6.5 Planned for HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint

Journeyman

Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 Planned for HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint

I have to laugh, 14 pages of this post originally posted in January 2010. Now, it's March 9, 2010. Way to go Sprint. You make an announcement and then fail to deliver for two months.

Excellent job.

Journeyman

I can't believe that I, of all people, am going to say this...

Sprint hasn't failed to deliver (this time) -- YET. We still have 21 more days until the end of quarter one.

Sprint HAS HOWEVER completely FUBAR'ed the communication lines.

Now a little bit of light humor... If Sprint said end of quarter one, wouldn't we all look stupid if Sprint didn't use a calendar year and, oh, let's say their fiscal year ran September-August -- that would make THEIR end of quarter one November 30. OK, not so funny.

Journeyman

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_HTC_Touch_Pro...Smiley Very Happy

The announcement Sprint has made (see link above) clearly states the update will be available end of 1st quarter.  So far they have not "failed to deliver" what they have promised.  It's just that we're anxious.  If the update is available on March 31st or April 1st, they will have kept the only published promised regarding this update that they have made.

Journeyman

I had the same thought regarding the fiscal year, frodobaggins.  Somebody assured me that Sprint's fiscal year is the same as the calendar year a few pages back.  It would be rather underhanded, indeed if it turns out otherwise!

Journeyman

I don't know if Sprint really read their forum. But for any other company that cares, should be done regularly. It's just a reflection on thier customer rating. Showing concerns helps allot a business to grow not to mention bring satisfaction between customers.

Does that hurt Sprint if they were going to release a specific date for ROM update to 6.5? instead leaving people speculating to which date is exact date?

Sprint time is down to 21 days if we still count on their word of releasing! Don't worry guys, your phone is GSM enabled, doesn't require that much to switch with same handset in use but with 6.5.3 with another carrier for sure.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That 'announcement' is just the latest one. There have been many release dates given over the last 6 months and they have all came and went, just as I am sure this one will. When I bought the phone first day of release I was told 'a few weeks' for the update.

So unless you have been waiting since JUNE of last year, and monitoring http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/meet/wm65-upgrade.mspx you cannot know our frustration.

BTW, according to the Microsoft update site, Sprint has not committed to a release date yet.

Journeyman

1st of April fools day is their due date. They can have their fun, but then they need to pay their own salaries if they want to keep running this business like this.

I have purchased two of the Touch Pro2 out of the market just to be free from their contract renewal. As the price difference is almost the same if you come to shop through Sprint. My contract is expiring very soon, close to their doom day if you call it. I did give them a chance as I usually ask my own customers to do so. It's their choice to full fill their obligation to update the phone for us as other carriers did to their own clients. I know Sprint it's not the best but they got to act as one.

I hate divorces, after over 10 years sounds to late to be true. But for myself I did my share and I hold my word. The rest is upon Sprint.

Wizard

It looks like it's happening this month

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113426

Journeyman

mxmarcus

its right happening this month hopefully...

Journeyman

Since the TP2 is one of two phones I use, I decided to throw the dice and use a cooked ROM.  It works! It's winmo 6.5 and Sense 2.1, but it's a significant improvement over the stock ROM.  I'll use the official ROM when it's released, but I was able to install the Sprint stuff I wanted.

The upgrade is significant.  Doing this is unlike me.

Journeyman

mxmarcus Thanks for the update. We all hope so, It's said March .. I will count the release on Las Vegas event, they just want to make it official, even I will think the opposite, they should hold it law profile as they are the last to release.

But hay, who cares at least we got the update. Thanks again for the update.

Journeyman

ComparePPCT7380SP More Views

HTC Touch Pro2

• 3G speeds where available
  • Slide-out QWERTY keyboard
  • Linked Contacts and Layered Calendar
  • Chat-style messaging
  • Touchscreen
  • Music capable
more info...

Customer ratings

599 reviews

CNET editors' rating

Regular price$599.99
Instant savings-$200.00
Mail-in Rebate-$100.00
New price$299.99
Requires new line or eligible
upgrade
with a 2-yr contract

What? Is Sprint actually listening? TP2 dropped to new lower price?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat