cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Mobile 6.5 Planned for HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 Planned for HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint

kcrlshel, Sprint HAS announced the update for several different dates through the official Windows Mobile 6.5 update site. This Micosoft website lists all the carriers who will deploy the update, which phones qualify, and the date provided by the Carrier.

Sprint has moved the bar several times on Microsoft, so many times that they do not even list Sprint as having a release date anymore.

Under Sprint it now says "date not yet available". It used to say November, then January. Microsoft does not just list any date that pops into their head. They list the date provided by the carrier.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/meet/wm65-upgrade.mspx

THAT is why we have good reason to believe we will get screwed again.

Journeyman

your right i just check and it still says date not yet available i think were gonna get screwed and because nobody cares about windows mobile 6.5 anymore, almost every device got it on other carriers, its all about android, iphone, and windows 7. dont get me wrong i got love for my tp2

Message was edited by: trizzle21

update: i just check with a sprint representative and told me the update would be available tonight at midnight. i really hope its true cant wait.

Message was edited by: trizzle21

Journeyman

In what timezone?

Journeyman

madscientist follow the link then go to the bottom and read the bottom Tags. You will then understand. Dont say any one is confused until you read please.

Master

@jwnmiles1, Anybody can add tags to a post, You don't think sprint added the tag "FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU"?

Journeyman

i dont think it would betoday or this week.

Message was edited by: avenger6661

Journeyman

Levi4u that is not a post it is a sprint update page. Maybe someone could hack into it and change the page, but what would they gain. Users cannot edit that page.

The only way I can get to that page is follow the upgrade your phone links from within my account...Read please

Message was edited by: jwnmiles1

Master

Per the link you provided, Click on it from your PC; http://support.sprintpcs.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_HTC_Touch_...Smiley Very Happy

On the bottom right is "Tag This Topic" You can add tags there, I just added the tag "To prove a point" Anybody can tag on here, It boost your ratings to do so.

But anyways here is an image stating you will see it sometime this month.

Journeyman

As stated under the notes** on the page I posted. It was not there last week. the notes combined with the tags are whats interesting. Why would Sprint put that under the notes recently and not do it?

Master

This?

** NOTE: Windows Mobile 6.5 Planned for HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint
Sprint and HTC are currently developing a release of Windows Mobile 6.5 for the HTC Touch Pro2 that is expected to be available by end of first quarter, 2010. This upgrade will provide updates to the Windows Mobile platform, along with significant enhancements to the Touch Pro2 user interface to allow additional customization/personalization options and more integration with applications users access the most.

That has been there since January when they first announced it, Last updated: Jan 22, 2010

They will always have the date it was last updated when they make any changes to their threads.

Journeyman

was not there when i followed the upgrade link last week neither was the tags

Journeyman

Wow, did you see the tag in that arcticle for Windows Mobile 7?!?

Oh yeah, I put that there to prove a point as well -- tags mean #$%^.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat