cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Mobile 6.5 Planned for HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint

Journeyman

Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 Planned for HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint

Sprint still has time to start with; give them the time they are asking for. The is the latest of their request, after the Las Vegas event everything will be clear.

Sprint have no choice even move forward or sell themselves out to another company half priced and let the other company take care of the updates and of customers! TP2 is still the flagship of this company. I bet ya, they are losing allot not just customers, I'm already a member in other forums and I feel the hatred previous members have for Sprint.

I have none personally, I do have a choice and I will use my choice when I think all the possibilities ran out. Sprint, you got to read in English, because I don't know another language to explain better!

Journeyman

Eric, it's impossible to tell what your point is.  Sprint should issue the update but shame on people for holding them responsible for doing it?  While it isn't worth getting apoplectic about, Sprint makes its money off consumers -- some of whom paid $600.00 for the TP2  (those that didn't signed up for another two years worth of service to get a few hundred bucks off).  The device was sold with the promise that it could be upgraded.  Sprint should keep their promise...period.  They've missed deadlines in the past and they have people in their stores and in cusotmer service who have said it's just around the corner for months.  Whether or not you see the benefits of winmo 6.5 isn't the point.

Journeyman

Sorry Eric, fixed the post.

Journeyman

EricNYC646 wrote:

Thank you CPC.

I think Sprint should definitely hold to their word and I am definitely excited about the possibility of Sense 2.5.  But I have to be honest about the fact that these are just frosting.  The core looks to stay the same.  I want new stuff and I am glad people shared with me what the key features are, but will I get upset enough to use profanity in a forum, nope.  Too civilized for that kind of insanity.

Sprint won't listen to people who sound insane, only customers who make cases.  They are like any other business, happy customers are loyal customers and are customers who spend money and keep the company open.  They will make us happy in the end if they possibly can, because it means money to them.

I for one have been a customer for 10 years and although some moves I don't agree with, I think Sprint in the end wants happy customers.

(No I do not work for Sprint, never have and do not own any Sprint stock or any stock in a company that would benefit from Sprint doing better.)

Oh and by the way, I never called anyone a child or made a zen statement - read posts carefully and blame the right person if you choose too.  I think that person had a valid perspective.

Message was edited by: EricNYC646

Eric.... This is the last good Windows Mobile that we will see. So much so that if a faster better WM6.5 phone came out, I would buy it in a heartbeat... as for Sprint wanting happy customers?? Well maybe if they stuck to their promises....  and started supplying their customers with the latest and greatest. Since AT&T seems to get all the good phones, and Verizon gets whats left after that, this is really the only power user phone that Sprint has, other than the Hero (( which is still not catching on as much as WM already has )). This is Sprints chance to keep me from splitting... maybe they will also realize that their Sprint TV is a crappy service in dire need of an upgrade, and finally upgrade it for the large screens of todays phones. Maybe even upgrade the bandwidth for todays 3G tech, and tomorrows 4G tech.

Journeyman

Billjr106

I beg to differ with you about who has the better phones Att or Sprint. Dann Hess does not advertise the capabilities of the phones on Sprint. The Touch Pro 2 and the new Palm phones have far many more practical applications (business) that the other companies block. The TP2 can act as a modem (with plan) , Wifi hotspot (3rd party software with Data plan) , Skyfire browser with flash, silverlight, and real player Streaming, Video output to TV or monitor. These are just a few of the apps I use for my business. They are blocked by the other carriers. The other phones are hype. The TP2 is the most powerfull phone on the market if you know how to use third party applications.

As you can see by my previous posts I believe these windows phones are the last of the power user phones that will be available on the market, thus making this update more important, for we will have to use these phones for a long time to get hardware capabilities. Every thing in the future will be cloud and application based controlling the end user. More hype and pretty.

Highlighted
Journeyman

jwnmiles1 wrote:

Billjr106

I beg to differ with you about who has the better phones Att or Sprint. Dann Hess does not advertise the capabilities of the phones on Sprint. The Touch Pro 2 and the new Palm phones have far many more practical applications (business) that the other companies block. The TP2 can act as a modem (with plan) , Wifi hotspot (3rd party software with Data plan) , Skyfire browser with flash, silverlight, and real player Streaming, Video output to TV or monitor. These are just a few of the apps I use for my business. They are blocked by the other carriers. The other phones are hype. The TP2 is the most powerfull phone on the market if you know how to use third party applications.

As you can see by my previous posts I believe these windows phones are the last of the power user phones that will be available on the market, thus making this update more important, for we will have to use these phones for a long time to get hardware capabilities. Every thing in the future will be cloud and application based controlling the end user. More hype and pretty.

Sprint has crap phones compared to other carriers.  IF sprint knew that I was right now tethering this phone (or am I?) they wouldn't allow it.  SPRINT BLOCKED TETHERING AFTER USING IT TO SELL THE PHONES!! This is the deffinition of "Bait and Switch".  I'm not leaving.  I pay way too little to leave.

I'm ADDING a Verizon Data line, and non-data line and STILL paying less than 2 Verizon data lines.  I wish I could go to ATT (I really want a GSM phone) but ATT is too much of a basketcase.

Sprint sucks.  But you get what you pay for... perhaps that's why it's stock is below 5 dollars per share, thank GOD my father in law was spun off to Embarq before he retired!!

And on a final note: WHERE IS THE UPDATE?

Journeyman

Hey Joe phone

go to a site bwone.com and download the package they have for the touch pro 2. In it they have a WIFI hotspot program that will make it so you can use your phone as a router. By what I understand if you have a data plan you will be able to use your computer through the phone which acts as a router. I use it all the time but my plan is grandfathered with tethering or phone as a modem by what i read anybody with a data plan can use it Sprint is one of the only carriers that is not blocking this or charging hundreds per month for its use. There are other programs there that will make you appreciate the phone a lot more. Go to skyfire.com and get their browser good for streaming video and internet tv.. Also there is Skype for free phone calls to other Skype users.. Another nifty program is enigma it is a barcode reader that you can use for price comparison. With a little searching you can learn your TP2 and see how powerfull of a phone it really is.

Journeyman

Anyone try using one of these custom ROMS?   While we sitting here waiting for Sprint to get their act together I wouldn't mind playing with one.  What happens if I install one and then Sprint finally releases theirs, will it overwrite the custom rom or do I need to uninstall it first, how does this work?

Journeyman

You have to unlock the phone first to install a cooked ROM.

Putting a stock ROM back on is just a matter of flashing the ROM.

Journeyman

I bounce between the TP2 and a Hero.  Each has features I prefer over the other:  The TP2's keyboard and Bluetooth Voice Dial are pluses, but in terms of almost everything else -- especially the availability of cutting-edge apps -- the Hero is superior.  I unlocked and flashed my TP2 to Winmo 6.5 and Sense 2.1, and they brighten and speed up the TP2 no doubt.  But they don't do a thing to address the lack of new apps that with the coming of Winmo 7.0 will likely not be written.

In any case, unlocking the phone and flashing it are not difficult to do.

Journeyman

I've just recently got the Hero, and I'm thinking about returning it and exchanging for a TP2.  The main reason is the lack of integration with Hotmail, and the poor quality of the voice dialing control.  Those both work very well on Windows Mobile.

I really like the full HTML formatted email, the awesome web browser, and the multi-touch screen on the Hero.  I felt like there would be more apps available, and longer future with Android.  However, the 2 things I mentioned above are absolute PRIMARY functions for my phone.  If I can't use the voice dialing, and I can't get a true 2-way sync with my Hotmail, then it's not really a smart phone as far as I can tell.

Anybody have any thoughts?  Stay with Hero?  Go get a TP2?

Journeyman

We are almost in the middle of March, only 15 days to go and Sprint still lacked the progress of telling us the end users if the update is going to be out in specific date. End of Q1 is just too fishy in my opinion.

Worst to mention, sad to be the bad news bringer ... TP3 is just on the doors. A rumor is about to have this phone released in Europe with WM 6.5, the did mention it will be the last one that will support this OS before jumping over the new WM 7 at the end of this year.

Here is the link for the source of TP3.

http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=14285

If the rumor comes true and Sprint didn't release the update at end of Q1 then we are just finished.

Message was edited by: rufa

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat