cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Mobile 6.5 Planned for HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint

Journeyman

Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 Planned for HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint

as much as i wanna argue with u mike. all i can do is agree. i bet we wait all this time to have the same 6.5 that at&t and verizon, and even t mobile has. if that happens i really would like to ask why so long. u cant say oh just because of sprint stuff like sprint tv. because verizon has vcast and at&t have they on tv stuff. so i really would like to know what happened if we got are 6.5 update and its not the most recent one out there with the most updated sense ui and everything else. it would be a kick in the face if its the 6.5 that was given to sprint to look over in 2009.

Journeyman

update!!!!!!!!  Everyone i just read a new article that shows that we should receive are update on Friday the 19th for sure and it will be available at sprint.com/downloads.   Check the link out, Let me know what u think.

http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2010/03/17/sprint-htc-touch-pro2-definitely-getting-windows-mobile-6-5-o...

only thing that looks funny  to me is why does it have a picture of the touch pro instead of the touch pro 2 on the side of it. I dont know. Let me know what u think.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Picture looks like a fake. Check the angle of the text on the 'announcement' versus the angle of the text on the link text. Shows the wrong phone too.

Someone is havin a little fun.

Journeyman

Fake, the worst photoshop work. It's one day more truth or another lie.

Journeyman

Looks like Sprint will be making 6.5 available starting tomorrow 03.19.10

http://www.wmexperts.com/sprint-touch-pro-2-windows-mobile-65-update-may-come-week

Journeyman

Keep in mind about all these other web sites that are reporting the update... they are all citing PPCGeeks (which is a VERY TRUSTED SOURCE, usually) for the information.

That's a single point of failure scenario. If PPCGeeks got punked on this one, then everyone else is just propogating misinformation.

Also keep in mind that, as usual, Sprint has officially said NOTHING about this update (you think they would have by now if tomorrow was the real go live date) so they have complete deniability if this really was just a hoax.

I guess we'll just wait and see what happens.

Journeyman

I don't believe Sprint every pre-announces updates.  The dates get leaked, but I don't recall ever seeing anything offiical, at least not to the exact day.  Not my WinMo devices, nor the Pre when I tried it out last summer.  Now the day of they will probably put it out on Twitter and maybe Facebook, but not before.

Journeyman

And, this all coming from the guy that xda forums pretty much burned......

Journeyman

PhoneNews.com is reporting the 6.5 update rollout for tomorrow.

http://www.phonenews.com/sprint-htc-touch-pro-2-update-for-rollout-on-friday-10554/

Scott

Journeyman

And their source, wait for it, wait for it...

PPCGeeks.

Nothing like circular hyperlinks to make it ALL believable.    

Journeyman

only a few hours left to go, we'll see

Journeyman

Just got the Sprint Small Business Catalog in the mail.  For the HTC TP2 under the features it says:

"Amp up productivity and upgrade to Windows Mobile 6.5 starting in March"

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat