cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Mobile 6.5 Planned for HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint

Journeyman

Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 Planned for HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint

Thanks for the mirror links. In 5 minutes I am ahead of my 1 hr download attempt, Cough cough...using Sprints wifi app I went from 3 hours to go , to 20 minutes!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: boggs3010

Message was edited by: boggs3010

Journeyman

@madscientist - thanks so much for the mirrors - much, much faster!!

Journeyman

Just finished the install, it only took about 10 minutes.  What can I say... It's 6.5.  I'm not sure I like the new home screen just yet.  I hope it can be modified.  Seems pretty responsive.  Icons look nice.  I still need to play with the phone a bit.

One funny note, only because of the Series 7 announcements... at first boot it did not do the typical Copy and Paste of the appointment.

Scott

Journeyman

Use the mirrors.  I was downloading over a meg a sec.  Took just a few minutes to download.  Install is very quick too.  Less than 10 minutes.  I'm doing my activesync now with my mail2web server to restore my contacts, calendar, email, and tasks.  Thus far, I'm really loving the look of the new ROM, and it seems so quick.  Of course, this is a fresh install so once I get things loaded up it'll be a better test.  Can't wait to see how battery life is affected.  I was happy before so I hope that it is at least as good.

Nice work though Sprint.  Very polished look to the phone now.  I feel as if I got a new phone in the middle of my contract!

Journeyman

Install worked well and like IE 6 more now

Problem#1: can't find the Calculator

Any suggestions on how to find or install it after the fact.?

Highlighted
Journeyman

JackG058,

Man up?!? You're kidding right? Bend down and kiss Sprint's arse for finally coming through after 4 months of broken promises? Boy you got a lot of nerve. I for one am not going to congratulate Sprint for finally doing what they said they were going to do last year. This is just another example of the over-promise and under-deliver mentality at Sprint.

Shut up and be grateful? Ha!

Journeyman

Sprint came through. I am so happy. That sense 2.5 is a beast. This just made the perfect phone.

Journeyman

Just installed new ROM. Quite smooth. only thing is youtube app doesnt work.

Journeyman

2 MAJOR things,

HTC Task Manager is missing, how the hell am I supposed to close some APPS that just hide when I hit X now (sans built in WM6.5 TaskManager which sucks A$$)

The Owner Information tab is missing, this is a HUGE PROBLEM, I own quite a few Medical programs that have keys that are LOCKED to my personial name (IE the key is generated with the use of the registered owner name information)

This screws me in the a$$ and hard, fix this shit please... (yes necessary language, the delay for 6.5 when other carriers already had it, the lack of actual inovation and changes that made the WM update for the TP worth a damn)

Journeyman

kwilsonjr, I've been following the TP2 since I got it the first day.  I know some say Sprint put it into official writing that 6.5 would be out before the end of 2009, but I never did see that.  The only thing official I ever saw was the "by the end of Q1 2010".  Now, that includes the entire month of March, and people have been on this thread blasting Sprint for a month about the fact that they wouldn't come through.  Well, they did, and we got the Sense 2.5 that lots of us were hoping for.  The update seems to be working flawlessly, and postings thus far are very encouraging.  So yeah, they delivered it BEFORE the end of Q1, and there are those who have been prediciting for weeks that Sprint was going to fail.  Others, myself included, chose to wait and see before we passed judgment.  You have to decide where you fit into my statement, not me.

Journeyman

Hey Guys - just updated my phone. Love everything about 6.5. Quick question - Is anyone having issues with Sprint Navigation not being able to connect? Also, I think Quick GPS got taken out.

Not sure what to do to get GPS to work. Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Journeyman

FireStorm. You can try adding the task manager to the home screen as a quick link. thats what i did. I cant help you with the owner information tab

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat