Yo FireStorm, your owner info page isn't gone, just hidden. You can enable it by a simple registry change. Under HKLM/ControlPanel/Owner, change the hide from 1 to 0, reboot and good to go. I definitely recommend you check out the thread on ppcgeeks.com: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114747&page=6
They have provided a cab for the old school task manager and will most likely provide answers for any questions you'll have in the future!
cpc, I'm not sure I agree with your assessment on the battery. I've been on my phone for hours messing around with it and only got down to 40% remaining. I thought that was quite good for how much I was playing with things. Of course, only time will really tell, but I haven't had my phone out and as active as this since I first bought it back in October.
Some of my observations:
1. The Facebook integration is way better. Before, I was lucky to get the person's FB pic to show up in contacts, and could never get it to change if they changed theirs on FB. Now, all of my FB contacts have the current pics and it even updated their birthdays. Sweet.
2. The Twitter app is a nice touch. I haven't even loaded Twikini yet since the built in works so well.
3. I used to get frustrated with Opera when scrolling and in a zoomed mode. It often seemed to constantly resize my screen when I was trying to finger scroll on the screen. Now, it just moves fluidly. Oh so much better.
4. I absolutely love the new look. I never did like Sprint's stock look of the TP2, and had mine tricked out quite a bit. Now, unless I get bored down the road, I probably won't mess with it since it is so nicely designed. Very visually appealing and highly functional for me.
5. Others that I have shown the new update to (Hero users) are really impressed with just how fast this TP2 is. I'm not so interested in Android anymore quite frankly.
6. And so far my old programs from 6.1 work just fine. With an investment in quite a few, that is a major plus indeed.
7. And I love the Sense UI so much more than Touchflo 3D. The animated weather background for the home screen is a nice touch. I just wish it wasn't showing snowflakes on their right now (since they are calling for 8-10 inches in my area tomorrow).
Good job Sprint, we got our phone back to life again. No need to install .net framework updates as with old 6.1, faster system. I notice is taking more ROM to operate but what the hack, still faster and doesn't consume the battery as it was before.Sense 2.5 is a bless, no need for third party software right now.
For those needs Wifi Router, download HTC WiFi sharing, does the trick.
Thank you for your support guys on this thread.
Has anyone tried google maps or google voice yet? I use those quite a bit and I'm reluctant change if nobody has tried it yet. While it may not have turn by turn, it actually functions, as opposed to the sprintnav.
Also, thanks for coming out with an updated ROM sprint. I'm looking forward to loading it!
Google maps runs smooth on this phone, download the latest version contains nice features it does really rock. To use the different orientation use the Gyrator software, served me really well as HTC/ Sprint disabled the auto rotate option as well as the FM radio.
For Google Voice in other hand is another story. Google, don't want to bother creating WM software and help Microsoft with their mobile OS. They are in cross with them but there are some other software available that lacks the WVGA support that we have with this beast TP2. Do you want Google Voice for Windows Mobile? vote here .. http://www.1800pocketpc.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/googlevoice_thumb.png
GoVoMo sounds promising but doesn't work currently with our WVGA.
Ok so I have finally downloaded the new OS which looks great (about tine Sprint), but for some reason my screen keeps getting stuck in the start screen.................is anyone else having this problem and what can be done short of reinstalling the OS?
I have to say it is a pretty nice addition for some of the stuff it offers. I had to hard reset 2 times and reinstall all of the programs that I installed initially because I couldnt program in my outlook work email info.
That being said, I think I will be going back to SPB Shell 3.5. I ONLY installed 6.5 because I was told that it would be packaged with tellme voice recognition everything. I wanted this for voice to text and email. It is not legal or safe to text while driving and I have to do this for work to keep in communication with my crew.
IMO, SPB Mobile 3.5 is not only better, but it has been here all along. I have had it since SPB 2 on my mogul then my tp1 and now TP2. I will be looking forward to SPB Mobile shell 5 when it comes out.
Kind of a disappointment, but not unexpected as I have been with sprint for over 10 years so I am used to letdowns.
Good luck to all of you and have an awesome day! =)
rufa: There are some over at ppcgeeks reporting that after installation you should do a soft reset of your device. People are then reportedly seeing almost double the amount of available memory, in the 90's. Besides, once installing a new ROM it probably is a good practice to soft reset the device afterwards anyway. Hope this helps you out.
i just want to say that this will be my last post here seeing that we got the rom.... having said that, i want to say that i kind of hate that i have used energy rom on my phone since day one i bought it. energy rom hasbecome so much more advance then any carrier rom. like wise most of all the other custom roms. i really didn't think sprint was going to put out a new rom, never the less a rom as decent as this one. i can only imagine how those of you feel coming from stock 6.1. as for me i have been using 6.5.3 with sense 2.5 maxmanilla for awhile now. so for me the rom they gave us is out of date. i will still run a custom rom. but i do give sprint a two thumbs up for putting out the rom. i hope in some kind of way it will make custom roms better thus affecting me aswell. guys thanks for everything and hope everyone enjoys the new rom.
Jay I never tried the energy rom, I used Mightyrom and I loved it. The sprint rom lasted about 3 minutes on my phone. I did not see any difference between their 6.5 and 6.1. However, Mightyrom was very fancy and had a nice layout.