cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Mobile 6.5 Planned for HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint

465 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 Planned for HTC Touch Pro2 from Sprint

I just put a shortcut in my quicklist. works perfectly. one press to open and one press to select app and one press to kill. one extra press but I like that it shows up bigger. less chance of killing wrong app.

Journeyman

Has anyone found a patch to add the 6.1 like Drop Down Task Manager for 6.5?

Journeyman

I just sent my Hero back to exchange for a TP2 for several reasons.  The Hotmail integration on Hero stinks.  There is no 2 way sync.  I had to delete on my phone then delete the same emails again on my PC.  The contacts would only sync with Outlook 2007, 2003, or Windows Mail, but nit with Outlook 2010 nor Windows Live Mail (which are what I use).  I had to boot my old XP machine with Outlook 2007, export contacts from Live Mail, import to Outlook, then to Hero.  PAIN IN THE NECK!  There is no over the air sync when I change information in a contact.  There was no sync with my Hotmail calendar.  All of these work great on the TP2.  Hero works OK if you're a Gmail user, but stinks if you use Hotmail.

The voice dialing on the Hero was awful.  It almost never recognized my command, and I've been using voice dialing for about 7 years with good success.  When it actually did recognize my command I would have to fumble with the phone to confirm by pushing a button.  What moron thought of that?!?  HANDS FREE should mean hands free.  Again, this works great on the TP2.

Finally, you've put yourself back into the waiting game with Hero.  The Android 2.1 update was supposed to be out in March.  It's not here yet.  Good luck waiting for it.

IF I were to consider Android I would get the Moment.  Faster CPU makes it nicer along with keyboard.  I had a Hero, my wife has the Moment.  Sent my Hero back and traded for TP2.  She kept her Moment.  It has little problems, but the voice dialing is much better on Moment than Hero, and even better on TP2.

Journeyman

Look for this one in that list: RUU_Rhodium_W_Sprint_WWE_1.21.651.3_RS_1.96WF_NV_S PCS_1.42_0430_PRL60652_Ship.exe (this is just the link in my post, not the actual file)

Journeyman

Even the Hero had some issues when it first came out, battery life being one of the biggest complaints.  Matter of fact, I've heard that without some tweaks on it now that the battery life is still not acceptable to some.  I can't say personally except that I carried one for an entire day, trying to decide to move to it or stay with my TP2.  I ended up giving my son the Hero and keeping the TP2.  My battery life is so much better with this device.  Still, the Hero is a very sweet device.  I'm just saying that we likely won't find a "perfect" device in the smartphone market.  They just do too much and have to meet so many varied demands.  Even the vaunted iPhone has had its share of complaints.  Things get fixed or people find fixes.

Now, what about Windows Phone 7 coming by year's end?  Microsoft is going to control the upgrade experience themselves as I read it, and carriers won't have much to say.  If true, this could bring about more stability and quicker updates.  I think MS knows they have to put it all on the table for the mobile market in order to catch back up or even keep up.  You gotta' love the choices and competition! 

Journeyman

I elected to get in the Android line and went in and bought a HTC Hero outright with no extension. Now if I don't like the way things are going I won't be looking at ETFs when I go. So now it's a waiting game for 2.1 but, the Hero on 1.5 is a feature packed handset as is. I'm a fan of the HTC brand and an unfortunate victim/junkie for Sprint phone plans.

I don't and never did expect a perfect upgrade but, as I said before why let the guessing go on, why be the last to adopt? It really looks like we are the bargain bin shopping victims of cellular. But at any rate, the mums the word approach on updates, coming in dead last when they do deliver it kinda nips away at the patience on might have for common buggy releases. Having the option/requirement to used hacked ROMs and work-arounds to realize greater usefulness of your brand new flagship handset...I can't make that sound good sorry.

Journeyman

@markpiker:  This ROM does include Mobile Office 2010, with Adobe Reader, MS Calendar, Notes, OneNote Mobile, Excel Mobile, Word Mobile, PowerPoint Mobile, and tasks.  The ROM is known to be quick, stable, and good for battery.  Chef is a Sprint user and so he has one set of ROMs already designed for Sprint people.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106231

Journeyman

Can you be a little more specific which file I need to download?  I looked all around and can't figure out what I need.

I have the sprint TP2 that I want to put back to 6.1 because 6.5 is just too damn slow.

Thanks.

Journeyman

Here is a link to all stock ROMs.  Make sure to save it on your computer, as these things tend to get lost or deleted.  6.1 welcomes you home! http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91940

Journeyman

Do you have a link to the 6.1 you speak of?  I upgraded to 6.5 and want to go back to 6.1.  I called HTC and they told me it's not possible.  I just couldn't believe this.

Thanks for any help.