cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Mobile 6.5

Highlighted
Journeyman

Windows Mobile 6.5

Apparently last month Win Mobile 6.5 was announced as an upgrade to 6.1, before WM7 is released. Anyway, my curiosity is wether 6.5 will be available as an upgrade on the Mogul. Not much info has been released on which devices will support 6.5 so anyone with more info will be greatly appreciated.

Tags (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Master

Re: Windows Mobile 6.5

WestSiide wrote:
Apparently last month Win Mobile 6.5 was announced as an upgrade to 6.1, before WM7 is released. Anyway, my curiosity is wether 6.5 will be available as an upgrade on the Mogul. Not much info has been released on which devices will support 6.5 so anyone with more info will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry I don't have any info for you but personally I'd rather not see WM6.5 on the Mogul if it slows it down any more. The Mogul already suffers from poor performance because of the increased overhead that WM6 and 6.1 require. The device was initially designed to run WM5 and was later decided to get WM6 shortly before final manufacturing began. If 6.5 will slow it down any more I'd rather it just be skipped to be completely honest. The Mogul was designed for an older generation and ws upgraded to be newer but it just doesn't have the hardware required for today's demands.

Journeyman

@halcyoncmdr wrote:
Sorry I don't have any info for you but personally I'd rather not see WM6.5 on the Mogul if it slows it down any more. The Mogul already suffers from poor performance because of the increased overhead that WM6 and 6.1 require. The device was initially designed to run WM5 and was later decided to get WM6 shortly before final manufacturing began. If 6.5 will slow it down any more I'd rather it just be skipped to be completely honest. The Mogul was designed for an older generation and ws upgraded to be newer but it just doesn't have the hardware required for today's demands.

I couldn't agree more!

Journeyman

Hi kevin, i was wondering if people, such as myself who bought their HTC touch pro's recently be able to upgrade for free?

Journeyman

Thank you for the response. Good question about the touch pro as that will probably be my next phone.

Master

Software and ROM updates always have been free.

Journeyman

Kevin can you confirm when and what handsets will get Win Mo 6.5 ? Will Sprint be first in the industryto bring the6.5 platform available to users ?

Master

I have no idea, this is actually the first I've even heard about WinMo 6.5, granted I haven't been looking either.

Journeyman

According to Steve Ballmar Microsoft will be releasing Win Mo 6.5 next month. Can anyone at Sprint advise when we will see an upgrade for the Win Mo phones?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat