Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Phone 7.8 for Arrive

Journeyman

Windows Phone 7.8 for Arrive

Will Sprint be getting the 7.8 update just released today via Zune?

51 REPLIES 51
Journeyman

Thank you for posting that link to the update. I just finished installing it and it seems to work very well with one exception: Now when I press the phone button to make a call it acts as though it is going to start then instantly goes back to the start screen. I can even go into the applications menu and try to start the phone app from there and it tries to start and then goes instead right back to the applications menu. I have another app called "Rap Dialer" that is essentially the same thing, but with speed dial capabilities, but it's annoying that this function seems to be, well, nonfunctional. Other than that, it is SOOOOOOO nice to be able to re-arrange the start page with customizable sized icons.

I don't understand why sprint would NOT want for it's users to have this update.

Journeyman

I have 4 lines, 2 had to get new phones so their contracts had to be renewed.  I am the owner of their lines, with that said, I will be leaving sprint once my lines contract ends if no new Windows phones have arrived.  I will transfer the main account and move on.  The world does not revolve around I-phone or android.  I love my windows phone, my phone does things that their phone just can't do.  I love the way MS setup works, I have broken 2 phones... I receive my phone plug it up, turn it on & walk away.  when I pick that phone up all I have to do is log into MS on my computer choose the apps that I want back on phone... and that phone now has all the same apps & functions I want it to have.  So Sprint keep going the way you are, keep us in the dark and you will loose all 4 of this family's lines.  I have no problem moving on.

Journeyman

It looks like Sprint may not be entirely responsible for not providing this update to its customers. See a thread here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp7-sync/htc-arrive-windows-78/de0331cf-390c-4571-.... As I understand it MS releases the update to the manufacturers, then the manufacturers release the update to the carriers. HTC has not released the update to Sprint as of yet (for the Arrive) and so Sprint cannot release it to their customers. If that is true though, why doesn't Sprint just say so? Is there a contractual agreement that does not allow Sprint to throw HTC under the bus? Not that it matters much. HTC is fighting a losing battle with Samsung's Android devices and Nokia's WP devices. Come on Sprint. Get with the program and quit throwing your lot in with substandard manufacturers.

Journeyman

Well, here it is the 2nd of September and STILL no 7.8 from Sprint...  I will remember the lack of support and information when I replace my 3 lines.  Nokia seems to be the preferred brand for those of us who wish to use Windows Phone systems and Sprint doesn't have them.  Oh well - not like I can't get service somewhere else...  By the way, the "forced update" information worked well for me (as it has for so many others).  Too bad Sprint/HTC engineers can't figure out how to do this.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat