Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Phone 8.1 Update on Sprint!

Highlighted
Master

Re: Windows Phone 8.1 Update on Sprint!

APOCALYPSEAD

Thank you for sharing that information and providing a great suggestion.

Desiree
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

You're Welcome!

Journeyman

Thanks APOCALYPSEAD !

Do you or does anyone know whether there is a way to roll back to Sprint's version of 8.0 in case something goes wrong with the 8.1 update?

Highlighted
Master

breathnach,

I apologize for the frustration the recent upgrade is causing you. Unfortunately, once the upgrade has been done, there is no way of being able to remove it. What type of issues are you having?

-Menia, Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks SprintCare,

I have had no issues with 8.1 as I haven't upgraded.   I'm contemplating the upgrade described above however and am just doing due diligence should something go awry.   It seems to be fairly straight-forward and with a low risk of complications provided I don't do a factory reset afterwards as mentioned on this site.

Speaking of the Sprint 8.1 availability date, any official word on a confirmation that the associated firmware is being tested?  I would wait a couple of weeks if Sprint were to make it available soon, but if we're talking close to the fall then the developer build of 8.1 looks attractive.  I've seen nothing speculated about 8.1 since Sprint was claimed to have told WPCentral last April that it would be released this summer.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Master

I do understand your concerns. As of now no updates have been released for the Windows 8.1. Once we find out we will post it on our news room. You can visit our news room throughout the summer, for more information http://bit.ly/1gCkzMz. - Fernendez
Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

i updated my windows phone and i can no longer receive any mutimedia messages or use the internet.this is VERY frustrating!

Highlighted
Master

NoLaGirL13,

Try dialing ##72786#. Let me know if this helps.

Crystal
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

First, as a new (as of 3 days) sprint windows phone user, I'm hoping it doesn't suck as long as it has sucked for the other windows users.

One question which I don't think I saw answered:  Does applying the 8.1 Developer Preview void any Sprint warranties?  or HTC warranties?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes because it is a developer preview from Microsoft for developers or who ever would want to get the early 8.1 update, but you will have to brick your phone in order to really void your warranty. No because everyone will be able to update to the official Sprint 8.1 update of Windows Phone. Microsoft has confirm this and so far no one has bricked their phone after updating to the developers preview of 8.1 that I know of. This is the free account and not the paid developers account that allows you to root your phone and side load apps for testing on multiple phones. Which ever way you choose will not be a problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The only window I can give is, Summer began on Saturday, June 21, 2014 and ends on Tuesday, September 23, 2014. The HTC 8XT was announced around June 26, 2013 and released July 19, 2013, and the Samsung Ativ S Neo was announced June 26, 2013 and released August 16, 2013. When I had a Windows phone 7 with Sprint I herd about Windows Phone 8 coming to Sprint four months in advance. Sprint said it would come in the summer but I had to wait until August near the end of Summer to get it. A lot of things are coming out in September/October but the official Sprint Windows Phone 8.1 update will come out next month or the month after if it does not come out this month. As far as new Windows Phones coming to Sprint with Windows Phone 8.1 preloaded, there is no telling when or if that will happen. The only way that will happen is if Soft bank succeeds in buying T-Mobile and the Nokia flagship Windows Phone code named the "Mclaren" comes this Fall to Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile. Soft Bank already owns majority stock in Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

There is a way to roll back to 8.0 but it is a headache and not worth it. There is a website that shows how to do it in a video that I think is on YouTube as well.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat