Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Phone 8.1 Update on Sprint!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Windows Phone 8.1 Update on Sprint!

You have to download the Developer Preview App and create an account. From there you can upgrade to the 8.1, but it's not Sprint's official 8.1 update for all Windows Phones. The fact that the Sprint Care reps are not picking up on this shows how inept they are.

slabaw81 wrote:

So I have the HTC 8xt, I followed the steps on here and never got an email. My phone is still 8.0 idk if I did something wrong but as frustrated as I am I'm sure I can wait till the end of the month. Anyone have any other ideas?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Last I heard was the update will happen around the end of August to middle of September.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Who knows! I got tired of dealing with it and decided to wait after the guy at the MS store told me the date he heard. Looking for answers all over the net and finding nothing but confusion and silence made me nothing but angry.

Highlighted
Master

DIALM4SPEED

Do you have any questions or concerns you want to address? Keep me posted.

Kendra
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

When is Windows Phone 8.1 going to be released on the HTC 8X?!  I specifically bought this phone knowing the 8.1 upgrade was coming and have been frustrated since May 2014.  I have tried the Preview for Developers route, loaded everything successfully, and have been trying "phone update" in the settings weekly for the last three months, and keep getting the "Your phone is up to date" message. Sorry, OS Version 8.0.10521.155 just isn't "up to date".  What is going on, folks?!  Why is Sprint blocking this?!!

Highlighted
Master

harkins4

There's no new information regarding this, but you can visit www.Sprint.com for the latest information.

- Robtisha
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Actually it's not Sprint that's blocking it, it's HTC who needs to send the firmware updates to the phones in order for you to get the 8.1 update 1. It sucks when you have three different companies to go through. Sprint, Microsoft, and the OEM which in your case is HTC. This is a problem to customers on all carriers with HTC Windows Phones. I use to have the HTC Arrive and I decided to upgrade a different route this time. I hate how late they are at supporting their devises if even they ever do support them. Hopefully with enough complaints from customers, HTC will send the firmware updates in order for everyone to get the latest 8.1 update 1!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Contrary to statements here that the developer update has had no ill effects on any Sprint phones, use caution. This forum and the net is full of the resulting problems and cancellation of warranty  from Sprint.

The update from sprint is coming this summer was the cry. The reality is every other carrier has their clients using the updated version except one. There is now less then 2 weeks of summer, but no Sprint update.

They still have not fixed the voice mail notification imbedded in the OS since the phones where introduced. over a year ago. I wonder how on schedule the update will be that was released to Sprint by Microsoft 3 months ago?

Keep hoping for the unlocked phone so you can go to a carrier that has customers satisfaction in mind!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the info.  Now on to HTC to fuss at them!

Highlighted
Master

-harkins4 -Thank you for posting. Let us know if there's anything we can do for you. We're here to help. -Ramiro
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

When you say voice mail, are you talking about the visual voice mail app or the phone tile icon? VVM actually works in the 8.1 update, but it is still buggy. As far as unlocked devices go, It has been passed and we can now get unlocked phones from any carrier on Sprint as long as it supports Sprint network bandwidth. Cant wait to try out the Nokia Lumia Icon / 930 from Verizon. Lets also hope with the new CEO things get better and we get lower prices since the merger with T-Mobile didn't go through and they are so close to surpassing Sprint. It's great to have completion, so the customers can have better prices and service.

Journeyman

I've used developer preview to update to Windows phone 8.1 on the Samsung ATIV S NEO and attempted it on the HTC 8XT. My experience was that the 8XT will not accept the update and the Samsung can't do a network profile update once 8.1 is installed. Both of my experiences were confirmed by Sprint techs in store, on the phone and via text on the Sprint website. If you move around a lot like I do your battery will burn out in apx four hours as it tries to run without the updates. There is no network profile update on the settings menu for 8.1 and the ## codes don't work.

other than that I love the new Windows. I wish I could use it.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat