cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Phone 8.1 Update on Sprint!

Highlighted
Master

Re: Windows Phone 8.1 Update on Sprint!

APOCALYPSEAD - Thank you for posting. If there is anything I can assist you with, please let me know. - Nyyota
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Brittany,

Thank you for your response. However I think you are reinforcing my statement. You should know, moreover you should set an expectation to your customers as to when they can expect to see the update. It shouldn't be a secret it should be something you do in total transparency with your clients. For phones that you are still selling as new, there should be an announcement relative to significant updates like this with a formal release date. If you were to follow these guidelines I think if would really resonate with your customers and it would help you differentiate you from your competitors.

Thank You again for your response.

Highlighted
Master

WPProUser, Hi there! I understand where you are coming from. It very well can seem like we are keeping things secret and hiding news. I would like to inform you that it is a misunderstanding that we are keeping announcement dates secret. The reason for not giving a date yet is about setting correct expectations. Once the time frame is out, the expectation is set. We would rather tell you once we are sure so that you will not be upset and disappointed by an unfulfilled expectation that was set. Let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with. We will be happy to tell you. When we have more information to provide we will be more than happy to address the device news as well!

- Sheila
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry Sheila but Sprint already set the expectation when they announced the update would be sent by summer, in case you missed it.... summer is over! I do understand your position because as you said people would be peeved if you say one thing and then it doesn't happen but even you can see it's in Sprint's best interest to say SOMETHING!  Is Sprint even testing the update?? Is Sprint even still planning to issue the update?? How about the acquisition of new Windows Phones?? Are there any "irons in the fire" as they used to say??  You see Sheila things can be said without setting false expectations.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Crickets!

Highlighted
Master

DurfeeJ,

Is there anything we can assist you with? We are here to help.

- David
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Echoing the question of DialM4Speed's question:

Simply want to know when WPhone 8.1 update will be available from Sprint.

Sprint set the expectation when they announced the update would be sent by summer, in case you missed it.... summer is over! I do understand your position because as you said people would be peeved if you say one thing and then it doesn't happen but even you can see it's in Sprint's best interest to saySOMETHING!  Is Sprint even testing the update?? Is Sprint even still planning to issue the update?? How about the acquisition of new Windows Phones?? Are there any "irons in the fire" as they used to say?? 

Nobody answering why it has not been released yet as Summer is done and gone.

Thanks

Highlighted
Master

DurfeeJ- Hey there. I do understand your frustration. We don't have any word on when the update will be release. You can keep checking sprint.com for updates. - SarahG
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

For me the issue is the software version that is currently published is broken. Since I've had the phone the most current software version has had substantial issues with the camera. The camera app on my phone stopped opening again this past week and using the camera button will result in failed attempts to open it. Windows Phone 8.0 current release on Ativ S Neo has consistently crashed across two devices. The first one was sent to Samsung for warranty service, the replacement is now doing the same thing I sent he first one back for.

I have a third Ativ S Neo that I was running the developers preview on. Aside from eliminating the 4G connectivity, the update was excellent. It solved the camera app problem. I never had that problem when using any other software other then the one Sprint lists as the most current and supported versions. Unfortunately it stopped connecting to Sprint's network since it's unsupported and not properly configured to receive signals.

At this point, my position is that I purchased a device from Sprint that has never worked properly. I know and have used software that will fix the device, however Sprint has yet to take the time to repair this  issue. The lack of support, transparency, and concern for the basic satisfaction of their customers, has made me decide to terminate service on my primary phone line at the end of the next billing cycle. The only thing that will reverse this course is if Sprint announces when these devices will be updated or a miracle occurs and they actually update them.

Highlighted
Master

WPProUser,

Thanks for reaching out. I apologize for the issues that you're having. To better assist you in trying to resolve this, please send me your account information via: http://bit.ly/1qQty1X . I look forward to hearing from you.

- Mabel
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

WPProUser wrote:

For me the issue is the software version that is currently published is broken. Since I've had the phone the most current software version has had substantial issues with the camera. The camera app on my phone stopped opening again this past week and using the camera button will result in failed attempts to open it. Windows Phone 8.0 current release on Ativ S Neo has consistently crashed across two devices. The first one was sent to Samsung for warranty service, the replacement is now doing the same thing I sent he first one back for.

I have a third Ativ S Neo that I was running the developers preview on. Aside from eliminating the 4G connectivity, the update was excellent. It solved the camera app problem. I never had that problem when using any other software other then the one Sprint lists as the most current and supported versions. Unfortunately it stopped connecting to Sprint's network since it's unsupported and not properly configured to receive signals.

At this point, my position is that I purchased a device from Sprint that has never worked properly. I know and have used software that will fix the device, however Sprint has yet to take the time to repair this  issue. The lack of support, transparency, and concern for the basic satisfaction of their customers, has made me decide to terminate service on my primary phone line at the end of the next billing cycle. The only thing that will reverse this course is if Sprint announces when these devices will be updated or a miracle occurs and they actually update them.

Just leave Sprint. Everyone else is

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung updates the Samsung Ativ S to Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1.

http://wmpoweruser.com/samsung-ativ-s-gets-windows-phone-8-1-update-1/

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat