cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Phone 8.1 Update on Sprint!

Master

Re: Windows Phone 8.1 Update on Sprint!

sham_wow,
According to the notes on that ticket, we are still actively working with HTC on this issue. HTC has yet to confirm the possible release of a corrective firmware. The work around would be to allow the device to remain on CDMA.
- Yannick
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

News of Windows 10 for mobile. Don't get too excited just yet. It was stated that the app is available to everyone. As of now, the app isn't accessible in the store. I've had the app awhile ago. I hope they release Windows 10 for mobile at the Microsoft event on the 21st. Windows 10 for the PC is nice! http://wmpoweruser.com/microsoft-appears-to-confirm-insider-preview-program-for-all-on-january-21st/

Journeyman

Hello! I currently have the 8xt on one of Sprint's MVNOs, Ting.

All of us at Ting who have the 8xt have never received an update for 8.1.

Is there something Sprint can do on their end to help us?? Please?

Ting has already said they are not holding back any updates on their end, so it has to be coming from Sprint's end

Master

Zanadros,

Software updates are sent out by the manufacturer of the device. Sprint has no control over the release of software updates.

- Robtisha
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Sprint  has released the update for my htc 8xt. And sprint says its manufactures push the update out and its not. Since i have had my update for over a month and a half what it comes down to is sprint is just continues to drag their feet. And its a wast of time asking them whats going on with the update.

Master

milleril0034,

Once the update has been release you can receive the update at any given time. We have no control over the delivering or releasing of software updates.

- Robtisha
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Just chatted with HTC. They said the update is up to Sprint. So, someone needs to figure out who the ultimate responsible party is. I just want the update to my phone that everyone else has.

Master

Zanadros, I checked to see if there was any new information regarding this update. There is no new information regarding the update; information is most likely to be published in the device specific forum, when it becomes available. - Robtisha Sprint Social Care

Message was edited by: SprintCare with corrections.

Journeyman

That still doesn't explain why others have it and some do not. It is available from HTC and Sprint, but it's not showing up on a lot of our phones.

Master

And the update isn't listed here,

rom-downloads - Support | HTC United States

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

All signs point to something that needs to be done on your end, Sprint. Please work with your mvno Ting to get this update out to us. That's all we ask.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Apparently, Sprint needs a special build for its MVNOs. Please work with Ting on getting a build out for its customers.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat