Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Phone 8.1 Update on Sprint!

Highlighted
Master

Re: Windows Phone 8.1 Update on Sprint!

Hello milleril0034,

Updates are sent out in waves to avoid the system overloading. Watch out for the 8.1 update and keep us posted.

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

ok well i just used your live chat and there is no official release dates so why wast my time and keep checking my phone when you dont have a release date. that just makes me think that we will not get the update. and if thats the case you guys are just causing damage to your customers in not telling us.

Highlighted
Master

Hello milleril0034,

The manufacturer is responsible for sending out the updates therefore Sprint has no control on when the updates are released.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dude Sprint isn't going to tell you JACK! You have to get the info from other sources, currently the latest info is it's in the testing stage.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah i know its in testing stage i also know that we would have got it sooner but the update there was an issue with it.

Highlighted
Master

Hello DIALM4SPEED,

Thank you for your post! Please let us know if there is anything that we can do for you. Have a good day.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i contacted htc and they state that there is no officail release dates but the rep i talked to said mid january

Highlighted
Journeyman

Windows Phone 8.1 has came to the Samsung Ativ S Neo and now it finally comes to the HTC 8XT http://wmpoweruser.com/the-windows-phone-8-1-update-now-available-for-the-sprint-htc-8xt/

Highlighted
Journeyman

THANK YOU Thank You thank you Sprint for FINALLY offering this.  While we realize WP users are in the minority we are also aware that WP kicks butt over MANY of the other "widely used" phones out there!!  The 8.1 update is taking that to the next level so we (or ... "I" at the very least!) REALLY appreciate the recognition and offering!!  Cortana is my new best friend - wooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone tried updating from the Preview? If so, how'd you do it? My phone will not find any updates. I am still working with

OS Version: 8.10.12400.899

Firmware revision number: 3030.00.21501.651

I've gone to the phone update section at least 2x a day, to no avail. My phone keeps freezing up on Wi-Fi, if I lock it, due to the Preview. I feel like I need to pay the $100 just to get them to give me one with 8.0 and work from there... I am so in love with my WP. I have been a loyal customer to Sprint for over 15 years... I want more support for WP and I want mine to work... Any advice, anyone?

Greg, sorry I used your comments to reply. Just trying to get some help...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, you're behind.

The key to fixing your Wi-Fi is getting the proper Radio Software version: 0.40.50.918 is the upgraded version.

The latest PFD (Preview for Developers) is 8.10.14219.341 which adds some nice features.

8XT owners running the PFD finally started updating last week...for those of us running the PFD our upgrade was a little different.  We have to 'Opt In' to the PFD program again, then, and only then would we find the HTC official upgrade.

It's totally backwards, and shouldn't work that way, but, Opting Out of the PFD...no PFD users could see the upgrade.  Opt In, it found it right away.

Launch the Preview for Developers app, check 'Enable Preview for Developers', tap 'Done' (you should see the 'Success' page then.

Then go check for updates.  That's the only way those of us running the PFD before could see the upgrade.  There are numerous threads on this on the Windows Central, 8XT forums.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Master

DiAmUs,

Thanks for reaching out. What is the make and model of your device? We would love to help.

- David
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat