cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Phone 8.1 Update on Sprint!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Windows Phone 8.1 Update on Sprint!

My MMS wasn't working either and I got that Error 225 not activated message.  Did the ##72786# reset and it didn't work..Then I got on the phone with Steve (2nd line of support) and Steve fixed it. When he looked at the account, there was nothing wrong.  Here's what he did:

• turn off phone
  • Steve blocked MMS on my account
  • Steve un-blocked MMS on my account
  • turn phone on
  • Phone updated profile
  • able to send MMS now

That Steve is a good guy to know....

Highlighted
Master

JustAnotherSprintUsr We're sorry that you were experiencing MMS problems. However, we are very happy to hear that Steve was able to get your issue resolved. Happy Connecting. - Christopher S.
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

APOCALYPSEAD, Remember that we are always here to help. You can also visit http://bit.ly/1gCkzMz for any updates or news on new release software or devices. - Fernendez
Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Master

APOCALYPSEAD

With the software modifications it can damage your device. Sometimes even causing the phone not to turn back on. I wouldn't recommended to modify the software.

- Estelisse
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Microsoft has halted the WP8.1 update to people using the developer preview!  That right there, along with the other problems that have surfaced is why I didn't bother with it.

http://wmpoweruser.com/microsoft-halts-wp8-1-update-roll-out-to-those-using-wp8-1-developer-preview/

So nice of MS to start the roll out of the update in Europe instead of the USA! 

Highlighted
Journeyman

how does this work

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Master

Finally_Windows,
I know how you feel the system/software updates are so important that when they take too long the excitement kind of gets too heightened. The only issue is that because of the fact that these type of updates are sent from the manufacturer, sometimes it takes a while before here at Sprint a date can be determined. To check on the release or any news surrounding the release please visit our newsroom at Sprint.com/newsroom.
Rayon
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

MS isn't exactly helping things here. First they start rolling out the update outside the US and then they offer an update page for that lumia #$%^ but not all windows phones! Way to go MS!

Highlighted
Journeyman

The "Live Lock Screen BETA" app is available for download in the Windows Phone store for Windows Phone 8.1

Highlighted
Master

Thank you for the feedback. Remember, if you need assistance or have questions for us we are here for you. - Fernendez
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

OK I can't speak for HTC but if you have the Samsung I'd say it's a good bet we are NOT getting any update! It's like these 3 groups are playing some sort of sick joke with us.

Microsoft says ask Sprint

Sprint says ask Samsung

Samsung says there is no update and go ask Sprint why.

What????  Yes that's pretty much how I took but read for yourself...

Dear G,

Thank you for contacting Samsung Telecommunications America.

After reviewing your email, we understand that you want to know the information regarding the availability of updates for your Samsung ATIV S Neo phone(SPH-I800).

We understand your requirement for the updates.

We have checked the information and would like to inform you that the device currently operates on Windows Phone 8 operating system, version 2216.14.01.2 and as of now there are no further updates. We are unable to speculate when/if a Software revision might be available due to the fact that it might lead to confusion. However, if there are any updates available you will be notified by the carrier or the information will be posted on Samsung website. Access the web-link below wherein you will have information regarding the updates available for the device and if there are any updates available, the information will be updated in the link.

I contacted them again and even listed the different versions of the WP OS, I also pointed out that the Neo isn't even listed on there site!

Dear G,

Thank you for contacting Samsung Telecommunications America.

After reviewing your email, we understand that you want to know the information regarding the availability of the updates for your Samsung Ativ S Neo phone(SPH-I800).

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank your for bringing to our attention regarding the phone model number missing in the drop down list.

We would like to inform you that Samsung releases the updates in co-ordination with the carrier after thorough testing. The carrier specific Apps are also being tested prior sending the updates to the devices.

Currently, the device operates on Windows Phone 8 operating system, version 2216.14.01.2 and as of now there are no further updates. We are unable to speculate when/if the software revision might be available due to the fact that it might lead to confusion. However, if there are any updates available, you will be notified by the carrier or the information will be posted on Samsung website. If any update is available, the information will be posted on the web-link below.

This version they are listing 2216.14.01.2 is the firmware not the OS version as we all know but how the #$%@ do they not know this??

So Sprint now what????

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat